Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What Rod do you prefer to use, If you fish it.
1.) Saint Croix 15 30.61%
2.) Fenwick 9 18.37%
3.) Browning 1 2.04%
4.) Pro sreries (Rick Clunn) signautre series 1 2.04%
5.) Shimano 6 12.24%
6.) G-Loomis 4 8.16%
7.) Quantum 4 8.16%
8.) Daiwa 3 6.12%
9.) Or a cheepy I don't mind. 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. This poll is closed

Old 07-03-06, 08:35 AM   #26
qcbasser
BassFishin.Com Member

My favorite is the bps extreme, I have one St. Croix that i like also, but I broke the tip and cant find the warrenty card
qcbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 08:49 AM   #27
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbasser
My favorite is the bps extreme, I have one St. Croix that i like also, but I broke the tip and cant find the warrenty card
If you filled out and mailed the card OR have the receipt, call their Customer Svc. They WILL work with you.
You might have to pay 1/2 price or so for a replacement, but that's a bargain!

FlyRod
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 09:14 AM   #28
qcbasser
BassFishin.Com Member

I did send in the card, I will give them a call. You are proving to be a big help for me today flyrod.....Thanks
qcbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 09:53 AM   #29
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

From the list above, I have only one, the loomis, but it's no longer my favorite rod, that would have to be the AiRRUS rod now. I love the fast action tip response, and it seems even more sensitive than the loomis. My hook sets are up and I don't seem to lose as many fish. For all around fishin....IE wormin, and shallow to medium cranks, the AiRRUS rod is my favorite.
I take that back, I do have a St. Croix too!
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 05:02 PM   #30
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond
I haven't had the pleasure of fishing with any of those rods. I'm sure they are great but out here it's hard to get a quality bass rod. Every where you go it's Salmon/Steelhead or fly rods.

I did find a nice rod thats made just five miles from my house. Most of you probably haven't heard of them as I don't think they are that big of a company yet. But the name is Rogue Rods.

I got a very nice rod that I'm extremely happy with. It is called MB 764C. Not sure what all that means but it's 7'6" MH. It cost $190, not sure if that is good but the rod is nice and the people at the shop were nice. Not a lot of other quality brand rods to compare price against out here. Now that I got this one, I'm not sure that I'll ever buy another brand of rod. My reel is an old Mitchel SC30 spiderwire reel. Probably a cheapy. I got it a long time a go. Works ok for me so I never went out and replaced it.
I've given there rods props here. However in the last 3 weeks, both of my rods(MH 6'6" one spinning, one baitcasting) broke off at the tip. One was 3" down, the other was 6" down. I put a new tip on one, and am seeing if I can use the other one with the second eyelet as the end without any problems or I need to fix it also. I have about 12 rods, and they are a lightweight good rod. However I'm now getting worried they are brittle just like the Kistler's are. I haven't had any of these problem with any of my other rods, and they all travel together and are all fished hard. BTW, Rogue rods used to make Kistler's rod blanks.

Lizards
Old 07-03-06, 06:38 PM   #31
pretjah
BassFishin.Com Active Member

in a dream world i'd only use kistler rods

but in the affordable range my favorite seem to be all-star rods
pretjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 09:55 PM   #32
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond

I did find a nice rod thats made just five miles from my house. Most of you probably haven't heard of them as I don't think they are that big of a company yet. But the name is Rogue Rods.
I have heard of them, they are a nice rod. I was given free flipping sticks by a local rod builder a few years ago. He made me 8' flipping sticks using Rogue rod blanks.I ended the sponsorship when I had to drop out of the tournament fishing due to having frequent congestive heart failure problems. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 11:00 PM   #33
flfireman

bps extremes, bionic blades, all stars
Old 07-05-06, 11:35 AM   #34
3dkicker

I have St. Croix, Shimano, GLoomis, All Star and Falcon rods. The GLoomis and All Star rods have been disappointing. For some reason I lose a lot of fish on these rods. The Falcon is new and I like it a lot. I have a four or five rods made with St. Croix blanks and they have held up well with years of use. The Shimano rods have held up well too and they are the least expensive of all the rods I own.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 03:55 PM   #35
Peter Griffin
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up

Gotta go with an all-star
Old 07-05-06, 04:14 PM   #36
HOG Ranger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The rods I fish day in and out are Berkley Bionix and Lightning. I have tried more expensive rods but prefer the feel of these. I hate to think of how much money I have sitting down in the basement leaning against the wall.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.