Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-11, 08:58 PM   #1
mike234
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Alabama Rig Available

Man that builds rods for me dropped one by today and is going to sell a "bunch" of these rigs on his site this weekend. I do not know how much they will be, the only details I know are they will be 3 arm and 5 arm rigs. His site is dixiecustomrods.com. Sorry I do not know how to post the address where you can just click on it.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 09:05 PM   #2
TN_Bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

So it's true they're backorderd over 50000??? Lol the pro's are eating this up aren't they?
Old 11-04-11, 09:24 PM   #3
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
Man that builds rods for me dropped one by today and is going to sell a "bunch" of these rigs on his site this weekend. I do not know how much they will be, the only details I know are they will be 3 arm and 5 arm rigs. His site is dixiecustomrods.com. Sorry I do not know how to post the address where you can just click on it.
Just type in the full site address, like this, and it will automatically become a clickable link:

www.dixiecustomrods.com
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 09:36 PM   #4
mike234

Thanks WatterBoy I had no clue as how to do that. As to the rigs I read on one site where they are priced up to $150.00 on e-bay. That is really hard to believe.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 09:44 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I saw this in the latest email from Bassmaster. You better muscle up throwing 4 oz rigs all day long. I think I will sit back and watch on this technique. If they create a tackle box to hold them, then you know it's not just the flavor of the week hahahahaha.
Old 11-12-11, 09:18 AM   #6
F16 1UB

Default The Flavor Of The Week?

Fishermans HQ in Dayton OH are selling 20 per week on Ebay.
F16 1UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-11, 09:52 PM   #7
LVSKEETER
BassFishin.Com Member

Got a rig the other day and I had my doubts about the whole thing at first..but after fishing with it I'm a believer..Not one time did the rig tangle in itself and it never tangled when i caught fish..I was catching fish on traps at first so i decided to throw the rig..started catching em..so then I wanted to see if they were just biting everything i threw that day or if they really liked the rig..they soon after quit hittin the trap but as soon as I picked up the rig and threw it in the exact same area, boom another fish..i guess there's just somethin about 5 baitfish swimmin by that they can't resist..I think the rig is here to stay..as for tourney fishing, we'll just have to see how long it's allowed..oh and this thing does take it's toll..my arms and shoulders were pretty sore the next day after throwin this thing lol
LVSKEETER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-11, 09:54 PM   #8
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

what did oyu have on oyur bama rig? what kind of rod and reel would you guys suggest for this bait?
Old 11-21-11, 10:03 PM   #9
LVSKEETER
BassFishin.Com Member

i was throwin 5, 5" strike king shad-a-licious swimbaits on a 6/0 weighted swimbait hook..i believe 3/16 ounce..i used my lightest hooks cuz I wasn't fishing it but maybe 9 ft deep so I added as little weight as possible and I was throwing a heavy action rod so I could have enough backbone to get a good hookset and a high speed reel with 50 lb braid
LVSKEETER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-11, 10:14 PM   #10
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

thanks, i got a couple recently and wondered what might be best to use. maybe a 4:7 gear would be easier on the ol arm?
Old 11-21-11, 10:54 PM   #11
kennethdaysale

After watching a few guys fishing the rig on youtube it didn't look like it was very hard to reel in, just tiresome to cast over and over. For what its worth I've got a friend down in Ga. thats been using them for a couple of months in ponds with no shad or even deep water...just bream and shiners as natural forage...and he's killin um. Like me he's a catch and release guy but I worry that meat fisherman could put a real hurt on fish populations, especially small BOW's.
Old 11-22-11, 03:12 AM   #12
joedog

I posted this on the Black Friday post but they got alabamas for like 25 bucks plus free shipping plus another 20% storewide. Now you buy 10 turn around and e-bay them for $150, $1250 profit with an hours work and Christmas Monkey worries are over!
http://www.basstackledepot.com/
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 05:03 AM   #13
lilmule

Whenever a T is going on they setup nearby can be had for 20 bucks and thats 15 to much.
As for ebay I buy there as well but nothing that cost 3 or less to mfg costing 125.
When xmas fad is over there will be people with trailers full costing 25 worth 3 that they cant get rid of.
Only 3 with hooks can be used in Tn,hope they can pay the fine if using a 5 bait rig.

Last edited by lilmule; 11-22-11 at 05:45 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 06:14 PM   #14
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Ya jus' rig two of the five w/o. hooks...I see 'em on ebay between $15-$20(BIN prices), and on several sites have seen nice home-made ones(trailing 6" hudds!).
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.