Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-11, 11:57 PM   #1
DougV
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Humminbird is starting to Release Waypoint Management Software

Humminbird is starting to release the software for Waypoint Management. The 998c Software V5.70 has been released and more models are coming as they release the software. Keep a watch on your accounts for the updates.

Waypoint Management is under the Navigation Tab then Scroll Down to Waypoints, Tracks and Routes and open it...

This is Sample Image:

Last edited by DougV; 07-16-11 at 12:40 AM.
DougV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 06:54 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah they acquired Lakemaster and as a bonus got the waypoint management,it wasnt theirs.Lakemaster was big on northern maps,biggest way to end competition is to buy them out,remember the original side finder Bottom Line.
Just because a brand has some better features,doesnt mean they invented them.
Sort of why no set formats as some want to sell you maps plus the unit,for what we pay for them they all should come preloaded.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 10:03 PM   #3
DougV

Waypoint Management is not a LakeMaster Product...it was created in-house by Humminbird Software Engineers and lots of input from Humminbird users.
Old 07-18-11, 06:35 PM   #4
DougV

Just got some news from Hummibird:

Got the official word on this: the waypoint management software was not included in the 5.700 software release. Someone must have gotten over-anxious and jumped the gun on this. Sorry folks but we will have to wait a while longer for the waypoint management software… If you are having problems tracking the bottom in shallow water when the trolling motor is running your should download and install the 5.700 software though.

Looks like we will have to wait just a little bit longer...I'm wanting to run this new feature but I would rather wait so it comes out right...been a huge project to get the right tool the first time. Sorry for the mis-information I recieved.
Old 07-19-11, 10:54 AM   #5
nmanley

Send a message via Yahoo to nmanley

No problem Doug. Glad to have the shallow water upgrade.
Old 11-22-11, 04:42 PM   #6
fishhuntman
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Release Waypoint Management Software

I have a Humminbird 798cisi which I purchased last July 2010. The current software that I loaded "Version 5.840 Waypoint Management Guide updated 18Oct2011" in October 2011 has the NEW Waypoint Managment Software. If you are reqistered with Humminbird, your unit may have new software available to down load.

The new waypoint management software is a GREAT feature as I've used it already.
fishhuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 07:36 PM   #7
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

THIS IS WHAT I WANT SOOOOO DANG BADDDDDD. i fish shallow water more than anything. man...........i gotta get me some money. lol!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.