Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-10, 04:56 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Berkley Gulp !

So , I have used this bait to catch bass before. However the guys in my club say its catfish bait ( no they dont mean that its made for catfish ). I guess alot of them have used this bait in tournaments and caught catfish. I have a tournament this weekend and the lake has alot of catfish. Should I avoid my Gulp! shakey head worms ? I am using 6# line on a Medium Light action Kistler rod. Great finess set up...not so great catfish set up.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 05:12 PM   #2
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Not a Gulp fan here. I've used it plenty, but really don't have anything great to say about it. Seems like a lot of hype and $.

The key is to use what you have confidence in!
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 08:44 PM   #3
rrw4258

Well the guys in your club are right! We are always dropshotting the 3" and 4" minnows for smallies on Lake Erie, and it seems like lately (and all summer) we are catching a ton of catfish on them, and some brutes as that! I wouldn't say avoid them, but try it out just in case the bass are really liking them that day. I would never avoid throwing a bait, just becasue it will catch another species..

Ryan
Old 09-25-10, 01:35 PM   #4
dave0943
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I fish the Menominee river, well known for big Smallies. I use Gulp 3' minnows quite a bit. I have caught other species from Cats to Northern. I use them tipped on a jig as a search bait. I really like them. I don'y buy live bait unless I'm taking the Grand kids or guests fishing. Whatever you will catch with a live minnow, you will catch with gulp. Great for Walleyes. I guess I would use any weapon at your disposal. Bring a bag of them. Can't hurt. Black Shad and Smelt colors seem to work well.
Dave
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-10, 05:21 PM   #5
CMorg

Thanks everyone , Dave I got the smelt color now. I plan to use them tomorrow.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.