Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-12, 10:59 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default is these rods good

yall may have read my thread in monkey talk about going to a store that was going out of business, stopped by today tol see if he had anymore left, now if you know of my bps spree, you know the little woman has a tite leash. Anyway really wasn't gonna spend mutch, he did had a alotta gama waxky hooks for 2.00 a pack.. anyway got to talking and he asked for some help, i did moving trains, yes it is a tackle and train shop, high end type trains... yadda yadda, i like telling the story, as i was going by his old rods, he told me to take 2, not a big selection so i got an All star rod, 7'6 H pitching and a shimano sojouran H 7'6, only descent ones left, gave me some yama seinkos aswell, anyway are these descent rods, i know shimano is but the never heard of all star, nice to have a long pitchin rod, lol got 4 rods for that now

thanks for reading
Old 02-29-12, 11:09 PM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If the Allstar says it was made in USA you got yourself a great rod. If not, well you got yourself a free rod.

Allstar was purchased by Pure Fishing and production moved to China, quality went down, and Allstar is no longer what it once was.
Old 02-29-12, 11:14 PM   #3
wallywallace

its an old rod, i will check, was tabbed over on ebay and seen some going from like 70-100.00
Old 02-29-12, 11:18 PM   #4
Tavery5

Just look at the blank, if it says made in Houston, TX then it is more desireable, if not, it will work for what you need and it didn't cost you an arm and a frogleg.
Old 02-29-12, 11:26 PM   #5
Jrob78

Post a picture of the All Star if you can, of the label. Tav is right though, if it says Houston TX and has a Fuji reel seat, it is a much more desirable rod than if it is a Chinese, Pure Fishing All Star. What series is it? Team All Star, Platinum, Classic, Pro Series...etc
Old 02-29-12, 11:29 PM   #6
wallywallace

hey it says Pro, and is black with silver eyelets, fuji, not sure if it says tx on rod, I am at gfs tonite, but i know it says somthing about columbia SC on the tag, it has nothing of china and or Hong Kong, if this is nice, i may got back, said i could have the other for 30.00 a piece, and there is an all star(believe ) in a 7'11 i may get for catfishing it is XH fast
Old 03-01-12, 12:02 PM   #7
wallywallace

hey, probably wont be anytime soon, but what reel would you throw on the allstar, i was gonna put a high speed lews 7 gear or but wondering if a 6:5.1 revo winch would be just as effective??
Old 03-01-12, 11:01 PM   #8
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywallace View Post
hey, probably wont be anytime soon, but what reel would you throw on the allstar, i was gonna put a high speed lews 7 gear or but wondering if a 6:5.1 revo winch would be just as effective??

The Revo Winch is only available in a 5.4:1, and the Revo Toro Winch which is available in a 4.6:1.
The reel that I would use on the rod, would depend on what I intended to use it for.

Wally, you have had enough advice on rod and reels and how to select them based on technique, that you should be able to start sorting through these type of questions yourself and be offering others advice.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.