Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-06, 09:39 AM   #26
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Actually I'm 1/4 Irish.

How is it possible that you couldn't tell that was a joke?

I took most of the material from a guy I used to work with who really felt they were not white. Some of it I got from two Dead Milkmen songs. The new superstition part was all me!
Old 01-27-06, 09:48 AM   #27
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Dude, relax I was just joking myself.
Old 01-27-06, 09:58 AM   #28
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

OK, but now everyone knows I was kidding. I'd hate to get berated by any Irish or redheaded members.
Old 01-27-06, 01:48 PM   #29
HuckFinn
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn

JB,
I have to agree with the first cast, thing.
They used to call me one cast Tom, When I caught something, anything on my first cast, never caught anything rest of the day. Broke my self of that one by casting a Really Really big or small lure. Something no self respecting fish would ever look at, much less attack. This worked for me.
Also, just as a side note, had my cars hit each Febuary for 11 straight years in a row. One time had a girl in college parking lot, pull in front of me while parking, turned in her seat, looked right at me and backed into my front of my car. Broke that one by taking a bus to work for the entire month. Did not even take the car out of the drive way. Guess what color the cars were! Yellow!!
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-06, 05:42 PM   #30
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've found a way to get around the first cast jinx, I purposely make a crappy 6ft cast by the boat just to get it out of the way lol..from there i
am "good to go!"
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-06, 06:54 PM   #31
Fishing4Soup

Im not superstitious but my friend is. Whenever he brings a camera he never catches anything but i do, although when i brought a camera when i went fishing with him we didnt catch anything...
Fishing4Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-06, 08:00 PM   #32
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

My brother-in-law traded his canoe to me for two Rapalas. He had been fishing on his friend's jonboat and said something about tightening his bandana. His friend freaked, thinking he said banana. So that is when he learned of the superstition and came to the conclusion that his failures at fishing in his canoe were due to it being yellow, and banana shaped. So I got the great deal.

I haven't fished from it yet, but I think I'll paint it before putting it in the water. I may consult a voodoo priest to see if I need to do any rituals while painting it.
Old 01-27-06, 09:12 PM   #33
basstech

I don't believe in any supersticious crap or in any kind of luck, I think it is all a bunch of crap myself and is used to explain something that we are ignorant of, or don't understand (not that anyone is dumb, or stupid, but ignorant, because we are unable to see or narrow down a speacific variable that brought about a speacific result, ie. we don't know what we don't know, sometimes we know what we don't know, therefore we ask a question, sometimes we know what we know, and act accordingly). Even if luck does exist, Instead of wasting my time with something I can't controll I would rather spend my energy and effort to affect the things I can...and learn about other things I may not know I can controll. Just my personal philosophy.
Old 01-27-06, 09:39 PM   #34
CarpMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstech
I don't believe in any supersticious crap or in any kind of luck, I think it is all a bunch of crap myself and is used to explain something that we are ignorant of, or don't understand (not that anyone is dumb, or stupid, but ignorant, because we are unable to see or narrow down a speacific variable that brought about a speacific result, ie. we don't know what we don't know, sometimes we know what we don't know, therefore we ask a question, sometimes we know what we know, and act accordingly). Even if luck does exist, Instead of wasting my time with something I can't controll I would rather spend my energy and effort to affect the things I can...and learn about other things I may not know I can controll. Just my personal philosophy.
basstech.. I believe you went to same school with me and polly. Do you kno our tootur. her name is becky. Polly sade she remember sum dude in class that sade thing jest like that.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-06, 11:32 PM   #35
HowardBware
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to HowardBware Send a message via Yahoo to HowardBware

I believe it is good luck when a Dragon fly lands on you bobber
HowardBware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-06, 11:51 PM   #36
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstech
I've read extensively about hypnosis, non-medical healing methods from a vast variety of religions, Carl Jung theories, and paranormal research. The latter including such fascinating subjects as mind over matter and studies on how plants respond to music and even how they respond to verbal praise or threats. These subjects captivate me.

My opinion is that no matter one's faith, or lack thereof, somehow deeply held beliefs affect reality in unfathomable ways. I also believe that the more people who believe in the same thing the more powerful the results. I'm also convinced that if you believe in one thing and someone else thinks opposite, the person with less doubt on the matter will prevail. That being said, if you are superstitious follow your superstitions to extreme measures. If you are not superstitious meditate on your conviction that it is ludicrous and you'll have no problems with good or bad luck.

I also believe in evolution and that it is proof of intelligent design.

Even if you don't believe in luck or superstitions, isn't it humorous to read about others' superstitions?
Old 01-27-06, 11:54 PM   #37
Jeff/CapeCod
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to Jeff/CapeCod

I find that keeping the wife off of my rig or out of my tackelbox works for me
Old 01-29-06, 05:58 PM   #38
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I don't care if "IKE" has Banana boats on his shirt. They ain't getting in my boat. Also, he ain't such a bad guy. Just shows a "performance" for the TV audience.
Old 01-30-06, 04:10 PM   #39
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Ain't there a Banana Boat sponsored dude fishing FLW? I wonder how well he finishes.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.