Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-10, 09:35 AM   #26
Old Hooker
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
kinda hard to see without them when the sun is glaring off the water sometimes . Do i think you need to spend a couple hundred dollars on a pair , not at all i buy the strike king glasses from wal mart and they handle my needs just fine and it isn't to upsetting the couple times a year that i inadvertently destroy them

Jim
Best $9 you can spend. I just have to remember to take them off before the big motor is started or I will lose them going down the lake.
Old 09-13-10, 10:12 AM   #27
ladder63ff
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I've always worn Oakleys. I wear polarized FIVES now, they are great glasses.
I just ordered a pair of fives in polorized, i have one pair that are not. They have a great fit plus very light weight. Im thinking of getting a pair of those strike kings just to have a pair to knock around and not worry about.
ladder63ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 01:37 PM   #28
dave0943
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer1 View Post
If you wear glasses, like me, those "Cocoons" are pretty darned nice to use. As many previously stated, you must protect your eyes.
I'm gonna pick up a pair of those. I wear transitional glasses, however even though they turn darker in the sun, they aren't polarized. I wear contacts once in a great while, but my eyes get strained with them. I saw the cocoons for 40.00. That seems pretty good if they work.
Dave
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-10, 08:52 AM   #29
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Spending a few bucks for one of these may save you from loosing a pair. I use one. Glasses won't fall off or blow off and if you want to remove them they hang around your neck. No reason to lay them on the deck where some dumbo may boot them overboard. Very cheap insurance. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...003000_175-3-0
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 02:12 PM   #30
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I had a pair of Jimmy Houston glasses for years that worked great but I broke them many moons ago. I recently purchased a pair of blue polorized flip up style clip-ons from Walmart that I just hate....they add more reflections to the water then is there to begin with......When I was in Florida last month I picked up a pair of amber colored clip ons that I just love....they are not the flip-up style, but they are glass lenses and as I found out the last couple of fishin trips they really work well and make it easier to see below the surface.

I wear prescription glasses so I can't just use regular sunglasses....The biggest down side to clip-ons is they don't give you any side protection and the sunlight reflecting off the inside of my lenses and metal frames can be frustrating to say the least....One of these days I'd like to try a pair of Cacoons, but the thought of spending $40+ for sunglasses that are somewhat oversized and goofy lookin just don't do it for me....lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.