Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-09, 08:52 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default For you warm-weather guys...

Exactly 3 months ago I was doing this:

Now we're sitting directly in the cross-hairs of blizzard #1 for the fishing off-season and waiting to see exactly what course this storm will take. (I hope those of you who can still get out and fish are enjoying it! )

Issued by The National Weather Service
Minneapolis, MN
4:22 pm CST, Mon., Dec. 7, 2009

BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TUESDAY TO MIDNIGHT CST WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN THE TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TUESDAY TO MIDNIGHT CST WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

SNOW WILL BEGIN ACROSS AREAS OF SOUTH CENTRAL MINNESOTA BY TUESDAY MORNING. ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE TO TWO INCHES ARE FORECAST BY 6 PM TUESDAY. WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO SLOWLY INCREASE TUESDAY BUT REMAIN LOW ENOUGH THAT BLOWING SNOW IS NOT ANTICIPATED DURING THAT TIME.

SNOW WILL INCREASE IN INTENSITY TUESDAY NIGHT AND PERSIST THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING. PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW ARE EXPECTED. STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF FIVE TO NINE INCHES ARE EXPECTED. INCREASING WINDS OVERNIGHT TUESDAY NIGHT WILL RESULT IN CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND WILL PRODUCE BLIZZARD CONDITIONS. ZERO VISIBILITIES ARE EXPECTED AT TIMES... INCLUDING ALONG INTERSTATE 90 AND INTERSTATE 35 SOUTH OF FARIBAULT.

TRAVEL CONDITIONS WILL BECOME VERY DIFFICULT AND IMPOSSIBLE AT TIMES DURING OVERNIGHT TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY MORNING.

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS... MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED... STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 09:03 PM   #2
CMorg

That same storm is coming right for me here in indiana. However , there saying that it will turn to rain. Lord I hope so. I ABSOLUTELY HATE snow and ice.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 10:36 PM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

YEah, Clint. I agree....we do NOT need ice like last year. That ice totally destroyed my backyard neighbor's trees...ruining my view and shelter.
Old 12-07-09, 10:59 PM   #4
zooker

want my often repeated advice?? RELOCATE!!!

i did..

zooker
Old 12-08-09, 05:02 AM   #5
WTL

I'm 26 years old, lived in the deep south my whole life. Seen those conditions down here just once. March of 1993. Still talked about down here.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 08:50 AM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
That same storm is coming right for me here in indiana. However , there saying that it will turn to rain. Lord I hope so. I ABSOLUTELY HATE snow and ice.
lol, good thing you live in indiana.

We had our first snow/ice on the roads yesterday, and tons of accidents. It amazes me that people who drive in the snow and ice EVERY YEAR!!! still can't learn to drive in the snow an ice.

BB
Old 12-08-09, 09:20 AM   #7
Bassboss

Weather forecast here is Partly Cloudy with a chance of shower. Right now temps are 72* with a high of 84*!

It's TOO damn hot here! I just jot up to turn the fan on.....
Old 12-08-09, 05:44 PM   #8
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
lol, good thing you live in indiana.

We had our first snow/ice on the roads yesterday, and tons of accidents. It amazes me that people who drive in the snow and ice EVERY YEAR!!! still can't learn to drive in the snow an ice.

BB

haha , we had our first snow monday too. 1/2" I believe. Zook , I cant relocate , my wife has a child from a previous marrage , and we cant go very far. I really dont want to go anywhere anyway. I am just hoping for more global warming...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 06:57 PM   #9
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
March of 1993. Still talked about down here.
spent the winter of 92 in vermont no snow, go home to buffalo in march of 93 and woosh 58" in one night.. boy howdy..

zooker
Old 12-08-09, 07:50 PM   #10
keithdog

Were gettin covered with snow and sleet right now. It's gonna be a fun commute in the morning.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 08:42 PM   #11
WatterBoy

3"-4" of snow so far here, with another 3"-6" predicted for overnight, plus 20-25 mph winds to go with it. All that being said, I wouldn't ever want to move away from this area...for lots of reasons. I actually enjoy the winter for the first couple of months. Out walking the dog tonight after work in blustery, snowy conditions, and yet it was awesome because the snow in the park was completely undisturbed and perfect, just glittering away under the park lights--it was awesome.
Old 12-08-09, 10:42 PM   #12
bamabassman

Lived in North and South Carolina as a child (yes, once i was a child), and SLIGHTY remember snow, lots of snow. Was in south bama in '93, got 6 inches down there for half a day. Don't like snow,it is nice till it melts. Don't want it, do NOT envy you brothers up in the north one bit. But i am enthralled by your courage to stay there, you guys got em. And you know what i am talking about.
Old 12-08-09, 11:31 PM   #13
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Lived in North and South Carolina as a child (yes, once i was a child), and SLIGHTY remember snow, lots of snow. Was in south bama in '93, got 6 inches down there for half a day. Don't like snow,it is nice till it melts. Don't want it, do NOT envy you brothers up in the north one bit. But i am enthralled by your courage to stay there, you guys got em. And you know what i am talking about.
I wouldn't call what we get in NC snow unless you're talkin about the moutains. It's usually more of a layer of ice followed by a layer of snow mixed with freezing rain, followed by a layer of sleet-snow-frozen-rain, followed by a layer of ice.
It's fun watching all the northern folk that migrate down here talking up how well they drive in snow get on that stuff. It's like bumper cars on ice.
Old 12-09-09, 07:35 AM   #14
Randy
BassFishin.Com Member

Talking

Well ( stretch and yawn) got up to let the pups outside.....Hmmm lets see how cool it is. Ahhh yes a nice crisp 72 at 4:15 am... got to love it. Born and raised in Tampa , Fl. I start grabbing my jacket when it drops below 55.....Major plus, I fish all year round....Have fun in the snow.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 09:27 AM   #15
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Weather forecast here is Partly Cloudy with a chance of shower. Right now temps are 72* with a high of 84*!

It's TOO damn hot here! I just jot up to turn the fan on.....
You're welcome to come visit ohio.

Right now (and the high for the day) its 45* w/ a 36* wind chill (for you southern guys, that's the opposite of heat index ). Last night we had snow and freezing rain, which is all melting now, but as it drops back down to low 30s and the wind pick up to around gusts of 50-55mph, it's all going to freeze. (hoping for no school tomarrow)

BB
Old 12-09-09, 10:01 AM   #16
Bender

It was 8 here last night before I went to bed. It's just starting to snow this morning. I think we are going to get the lovely snow then sleet then snow combo today.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 12:26 PM   #17
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
You're welcome to come visit ohio.

Right now (and the high for the day) its 45* w/ a 36* wind chill (for you southern guys, that's the opposite of heat index ). Last night we had snow and freezing rain, which is all melting now, but as it drops back down to low 30s and the wind pick up to around gusts of 50-55mph, it's all going to freeze. (hoping for no school tomarrow)

BB
Dang, that's cold fer sure with the wind chill!

I wish we got school out when it was hot.....
Old 12-09-09, 10:22 PM   #18
WatterBoy

We ended up with 10" of snow in the last 24 hours and have had 25-30 mph winds all day. Low tonight is forecast at MINUS 4, with wind chills at MINUS 25 to MINUS 30.

The 15-day forecast shows only 3 days with highs over 20, and those are 26, 27, 27. I think winter has officially arrived here in MN.

Hey Bassboss -- one of our vendor resources in town this week working with us on a project at work is from FL. I bet he's enjoying his stay here this week!
Old 12-09-09, 10:29 PM   #19
danielbasspro
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I think I would kill myself if I couldn't go fishing for a month or two lol
Old 12-09-09, 10:32 PM   #20
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbasspro View Post
I think I would kill myself if I couldn't go fishing for a month or two lol
You can still fish here. You just have to do it through the ice.
Old 12-09-09, 11:45 PM   #21
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
I wouldn't call what we get in NC snow unless you're talkin about the moutains. It's usually more of a layer of ice followed by a layer of snow mixed with freezing rain, followed by a layer of sleet-snow-frozen-rain, followed by a layer of ice.
It's fun watching all the northern folk that migrate down here talking up how well they drive in snow get on that stuff. It's like bumper cars on ice.

now stick we do get some snow here in nc..

yeah thats right i am blowing 4" of snow out of the driveway

zooker
Old 12-09-09, 11:58 PM   #22
1/4 stick

hehehe... yea, we get it, I'm just sayin our idea of what snow is be different than folks from further north. Snowball fights with the ice-snow we get hurts and leaves welts.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.