Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-08, 09:01 PM   #1
quenston
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Reel Documentation

Hello all I am new to Bass Fishing and have recently bought some new(new to me anyhow) equipment, I bought a Kistler Magnesium crankbait rod with a Pflueger Supremem bc, and 2 Rick Clunn signature reels with a BP Bassmaster rod and a All Star American classic rod I gave $230 for all of these rods, did I get a good deal? Now for my second question I am looking for documentation for these reels so that I know how the adjustments etc work, is there a website that I can download this from? Thanks in advance for all you great people help!
quenston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 09:47 PM   #2
Earl Marshall

Welcome to the board...
Earl Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 09:55 PM   #3
Wishing2BFishing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Kistler Magnesium crankbait rod is a good crankin' rod. A true composite stick (part graphite and part glass). Excellent for mid range cranks like a DT-6.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 10:11 PM   #4
Jim80

Welcome aboard man great site ya stumbled upon , as towards what you are looking for , did you try the manufactures websites .

Jim
Old 12-08-08, 11:06 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

welcome to the BEST bass fishing site on the web buddy!! i am sure that someone here can help ya on the adjustments. and if YOU like the feel of your set ups.... you got a GREAT DEAL!!

just remember....feed da bait monkey regulerly and you'll be fine, hahahahahaha.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 08:31 AM   #6
quenston

I have came across a good deal as far as the bait monkey goes, the same guy that I bought the rods and reels from also sold me all of his tackle, he was a amateur tournament fisherman down here in Oklahoma on Grand Lake and all the tackle I bought was for stained water and it just so happens that I fish Grand Lake 99.9% of the time when I get home I will take pictures of everything and let you all tell me what I am missing! Oh and this is by far the best and most helpful site on the web when it comes to bass fishing!!!
Old 12-09-08, 05:52 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

sounds like a good deal to me. also i fish grand a ton maybe some day we can meet up down there and introduce ourselves. you fishing any trails on grand next year? i am fishing the grand division of anglers in action and also looking at the bassmaster weekend series on grand and also maybe the grand bfl.
Old 12-09-08, 05:59 PM   #8
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

as far as the deal goes, i bet the kistler and the allstar rods alone add up to the money you spent. if everything is in good condition ya did fine. happy fishing!
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 06:20 PM   #9
quenston

I doubt that I will be fishing any trails this year this is going to be my first year really fishing for bass I do have a friend that is wanting me to fish a couple of tournaments but I will have to see how much I learn between now and tournament time!
Old 12-09-08, 06:52 PM   #10
bamabassman

if you are wanting to learn the lake better. take up c-rigs offer to fish with him sometime. i am willing to bet that it will teach you more than you could ever dream pal.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 07:27 PM   #11
quenston

That is what I plan on doing I have a buddy that has bass fished all his life but he just dont have the same schedule as I do and I am always willing to go fishin gets me away from the house and the wife!!!!
Old 12-09-08, 08:10 PM   #12
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenston View Post
That is what I plan on doing I have a buddy that has bass fished all his life but he just dont have the same schedule as I do and I am always willing to go fishin gets me away from the house and the wife!!!!
yeah man if you ever want to go fishing with me just holler. i am sure that we can find a time this spring or summer that will fit into my tournament schedule and we can get on grand for a day.
Old 12-09-08, 09:07 PM   #13
quenston

crig that sounds great I just got a new Z-7 that I need to break in lol it was kinda cold when I took it out Sunday afternoon!!!
Old 12-09-08, 09:35 PM   #14
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenston View Post
crig that sounds great I just got a new Z-7 that I need to break in lol it was kinda cold when I took it out Sunday afternoon!!!
where do you usually launch at? i generally put in at honey creek or at cowskin( #10 bridge).
Old 12-09-08, 10:08 PM   #15
quenston

Most of the time honeycreek or at the public ramp just west of Grove. And once in a great while I will go up Spring River but mostly for whitebass and crappie.
Old 12-11-08, 12:31 PM   #16
Jackl

QUENSTON,
Call Pflueger at 1-800-554-4653. They can probably send you a owners manual for that Supreme. If not, send me your address at LabsRus@cox.net, I probably have an extra one laying around!
JackL
Old 12-11-08, 01:58 PM   #17
quenston

Jackl thanks for the info just called them and I have one on the way!!!
Old 12-11-08, 03:34 PM   #18
woody

Welcome aboard quenston, I'm curious to hear about Plueger's customer service, so far so good it sounds like.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 10:43 PM   #19
Jackl

WOODY,
I have no complaints about Pflueger's customer service. I bought a couple Pflueger Supreme's at Kansas City BPS, and when I got home the chrome logo cover on one of the sideplate release buttons was missing. I called Pflueger and tried to buy a cover and was told that the cover was not available seperately, that I would have to buy the complete release button. I asked how much and the woman said "you might crack the sideplate putting it in, I'll send you a whole new sideplate." NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
JackL
Old 12-12-08, 11:15 PM   #20
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackl View Post
WOODY,
I have no complaints about Pflueger's customer service. I bought a couple Pflueger Supreme's at Kansas City BPS, and when I got home the chrome logo cover on one of the sideplate release buttons was missing. I called Pflueger and tried to buy a cover and was told that the cover was not available seperately, that I would have to buy the complete release button. I asked how much and the woman said "you might crack the sideplate putting it in, I'll send you a whole new sideplate." NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
JackL
JackL,
Thank you for taking time to reply back.~woody
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 09:08 AM   #21
quenston

Well the only problem that I have had with them is there lack of technical help, went to order some parts for a reel that I have and told them the part numbers and the name of the parts and they said that they would send them out that day.... Well they sent them out and they sent parts for a spinning reel! So I called them and told them what they had done and the person said well all of our parts will work on all of our reels, I told them parts from a spinning reel will not work on a baitcaster and the assistant said that is something that they would have to look into!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.