Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-12, 12:49 PM   #1
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Losing the elbees

Hi all

I have recently been working VERY hard on losing some lbs (elbees...lol) and I tell you it is the best thing I have done for MYSELF in a long time. As of today I am down 31.0 lbs from 290 to 259. I can breathe! I can kneel! I can walk! I can tie my shoes w/o holding my breath!

I know Kory has been working his tail off on this too and he has lost around the same amount I have...the impressive part is that he was almost 100 lbs less than I was to start out with!

So I thought I would start this thread to see if there is anyone else out there working on weight loss right now, on the brink of starting, or struggling. It would be great if we could throw up a goal for forum members...say 500lbs lost collectively by all members wanting to participate?

Thought I would throw out there to see if there was any interest.
Old 10-02-12, 02:26 PM   #2
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

John, Kory, great work!
And it is work!

Now I can't join the crew but I did loose like 15lbs. Very unintentional!
Can't get it back. Was down 22 at the beginning of the weight gain endeavor so a few lbs. came back.
I now have increased my diet to 5000 calories PER day. The joy of eating is leaving me too. 122 lbs 5'5" of the best looking fishing machine you'll ever lay your eyes on!
But imagine that machine at 115lbs. That's a throw back or CR, forget the P.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 10-02-12, 07:49 PM   #3
Marty

Congratulations on your weight loss. It is indeed one of the best things you can do for yourself, ranking very high along with smoking cessation.

Almost 25 years ago I lost about 55 pounds and have kept it off. Be warned, the vast majority of people who lose weight gain it back, so do everything you can to be in the minority. The best way to do that is to make permanent changes to your lifestyle, not going on a temporary diet.

Again, congratulations and good luck. You will never regret your decision. The benefits are almost endless.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 08:54 PM   #4
lilmule

I feel for you would gladly take any, if I could as I am trying to gain,132 lbs,but seems nowdays only place I can is in the middle.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 12:04 AM   #5
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

MO_CPA you wanna be bff's (bass fishing friends...LOL!) CONGRATS on your weight loss...keep on a keepin' on! I'm already in the same boat!

I, too, am on the weight loss endeavor. I've been on a solid 2000 kcal diet for the past 3 weeks. I've cut back on the gym/running over the past week and down about 8lbs. 180 to 172 (give or take depending on my water intake). The Marine Corps says at my height I can only weigh 175lbs, so instead of sweating a weigh in every time I have to I've decided to drop down to about a solid 160-65. If I pick the cardio back up and the gym I can hit that goal in no time. Then the challenge comes of maintaining it!

Good luck and keep us updated! I'll do the same if you want...
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 12:25 AM   #6
Jrob78

Congratulations to all of you! That's very impressive! It takes a lot of discipline and will power to lose that much weight, good luck on losing the rest and keeping it off!

We always used to call Lbs, "elbows". The context was completely different though.
Old 10-04-12, 06:44 AM   #7
Bassin' Gal

CONGRATULATIONS! I sure need to join you. will give it serious consideration. Right now, I have too many excuses.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 07:17 PM   #8
Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassin' Gal View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! I sure need to join you. will give it serious consideration. Right now, I have too many excuses.
Based on my experience with myself and observing others, you will always have excuses; there never will be a good time. The excuses won't be relevant if and when you decide you're committed to it and it ranks near the top of your priority list.

Good luck. It's not easy but well worth it.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-12, 08:37 PM   #9
MO_CPA

Hi everyone...haven't checked in for a while. Status update...I am now down 41 pounds as of yesterday. It feels so good to be below the sub 250 mark...was at the doc's last week and they said the alst time I was below 250 was summer of 2007!!!! I feel that I have made big strides as far as a lifestyle change and I hope to make my goal of 225 by mid-February 2013. That will be 65 pounds lost from my start in August of 290.

In other news, the youngn' is expected any day now. The due date is Nov 15th but I don't see how my poor wife is going to make it that long. SO, I have been a lil busy and been continuing to stroll around the site and reading but not commenting too much.

Hope everyone is well, especially those N'easters with that B Sandy getting everyone! Take care and talk to you soon.

John.
Old 10-30-12, 09:13 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Contratulations CPA, losing that much weight is amazing in itself but to do it while your wife is pregnant is much much tougher. I never really had that much trouble with gaining weight until after Lake was born but I heard all kinds of horror stories of people gaining weight along with their pregnant wives. So you have lost a huge amount of weight and did it under very touch circumstances. Congratulations!!!

As for myself, I am down about 23lbs or so from where I started which puts me at where I wanted to be. I kind of eased off of my diet trying to figure out how many calories I could have a day and not gain all the weight back. So far I am not really watching what I eat so much but paying attention to how much I eat and I am pretty happy with how it's going.
Old 10-30-12, 11:08 PM   #11
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

CONGRATS CPA!!!!! Very impressive and job well done! If you can make it this far you can definitely make your goal...I'd almost venture to say you'll make it before mid-Feb! Keep it up man....

As for me I've sucked this past month...down a pound and do well on my diet throughout the day, but it's over when I get home. I've lost my discipline! That's horrible for a Marine, LOL!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-12, 11:38 PM   #12
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm trying to get in shape, drop from 16% body fat to 10%. Figure my kayak will be faster, and I will have a bit better endurance.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.