Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-11, 06:37 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default post count

gang, i need some help here. i am serious now ok? since i have reached the 10 grand mark on posts. i am wondering if i should stop before reaching ZOOKERS milestone. KEVIN, i need your advise on this too. i don't know what to do folks. should i keep my present name and so forth or should i start over? i loved ZOOKER, many of you understand my delimia. so i will ask you to think about this SERIOUSLY. i will do whatever everyone decides is best. because i TRULY don't know what to do here. i know i will NEVER take his place nor do i want to. i am the cheerleader here mostly, and the clown as well. i enjoy those titles. cherish each and every one of you guys. so i am at a crossroads and need my friends here to help me out. so don't post some quick response here, think about it first. PLEASE.

kevin.......YOU are the one who has the most to say on this matter since this is YOUR site. you think about it and let me know. i will do as requested gang.

thank you guys and gals. i am really in debted to ya'll.

john w. seaver aka; bamabassman
Old 03-02-11, 06:42 PM   #2
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

John,

I think it is a beautiful gesture on your part, but I don't know that Zooker would mind one bit. There may come a time when someone else who never knew him at all exceeds 10K posts. Because of that, I think it is very fitting that it be you who is the first to move past him.
Old 03-02-11, 06:43 PM   #3
bcklash

John somebody will someday pass zookers post count, it might has well be you. I can't think of anybody I would rather see do it. I'd bet our lost brother would say go for it.
Old 03-02-11, 06:47 PM   #4
nobass

john zooker was your friend i do not ever remeberring him talking about his post count. i think he would be honored if you where the one to past him. zooker can never be replaced just remembered for who he was.
Old 03-02-11, 07:11 PM   #5
1/4 stick

I agree with Cass. Eventually somebody that didn't know him at all will do it not knowing what that record means. Personaly I think Zook would have prefered that you, a good friend and someone that has respect for and knows what that record is pass it. Just my opinion on it.
Old 03-02-11, 07:18 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I definitely agree with Cass too. 10K is a lot, but someone else will eventually get there. I'm sure Zooker would rather have you be the first. I say go for it man! Besides, I don't think Zooker should be remembered as a post count, but as a great guy and fisherman who shared a lot of great information and also a lot of good BS with his friends here.

BB
Old 03-02-11, 08:35 PM   #7
bassboogieman

WWZD - Yeah, What Would Zooker Do? You know the answer to that, he'd say go for it.
The respect we all hold for the man was not based upon his post count. And our respect for you John will not grow greater if you surpass his post record. Post count isn't near as important that POST CONTENT - so in that respect you've a long way to go.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 08:52 PM   #8
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Do it up, John. If ya don't, Zooker's gonna smack you upside the head once you get to see him again.

Everyone who knew Zooker, knows just how much he meant to these boards, and just how important all his posts were. You passing him up, won't change that.

It really says something about your character that you've brought this up.
Old 03-02-11, 09:56 PM   #9
WatterBoy

Yep, what they all said. I agree.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 10:15 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

I always thought of a post count as an unimportant number in all honesty. I think what is in the content of the post is far more important than the number of post. The fact that you thought about changing your username in Zookers honor is a great gesture. But I agree that you should just keep on keeping on.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 10:31 PM   #11
woody

John try to base your decision on what YOU feel is right, not on what other people think. ok

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 10:44 PM   #12
bamabassman

thanks gang. it really isn't important to me (posts count). i just wanted to get everyones feed back on it. if there is ANYTHING about ZOOKER that i know, it's that he would say the same thing all of you are saying. so i will keep my current standing and let it go as it is. thanks for the replies gang. yet again.........ya'll have proven tome wht i felt all along. YOU FOLKS ARE THE GREATEST!!

i may not post many Important things. but i post from my heart and my gut. i try to make things fun if at all possible. so again, thank you gang.
Old 03-02-11, 11:39 PM   #13
keithdog

As soon as I read this which is right now, I knew right away Zooker would give ya hell for not carrying on just as you always have John. It's as though he has handed off the torch to you with a wide grin. Zooker wasn't the kind of guy who paid much importance to such things anyways. What he did care about was sharing what he knew with those around him who wanted to pick his brain. You know darn well when you do pass his total, he's gonna be smilen down on you and sayin, way to go buddy! And whatever you do, don't EVER change your user name. After all, what would the world be like without Bamabassman!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-11, 08:23 PM   #14
Bassboss

A can't agree more with wants been said John. I think if there's one person Zooker would want to pass him up in posts, it's YOU FOR SURE, a good friend and brother.
Old 03-03-11, 11:21 PM   #15
flfireman

Never check, we have those. Just do it, we already realize half your post's are about Bama football, so they really shouldn't count.The other 1/4 of them talk about Lisa outfishing you.
Old 03-04-11, 12:57 PM   #16
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman View Post
Never check, we have those. Just do it, we already realize half your post's are about Bama football, so they really shouldn't count.The other 1/4 of them talk about Lisa outfishing you.
Now that's funny!

BB
Old 03-04-11, 04:37 PM   #17
nofearengineer

John, I'm sure if anyone was to top Zooker's post count, he would want it to be you.

I just think as you get ready to make your post number 13,442...you should stop and think a while and make it a really good, important post.
Old 03-04-11, 06:31 PM   #18
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman View Post
never check, we have those. Just do it, we already realize half your post's are about bama football, so they really shouldn't count.the other 1/4 of them talk about lisa outfishing you.

hahahahahahaha!!!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 07:03 PM   #19
bamabassman

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA HOSEHOLDER. THAT IS FUNNY, TRUE....BUT FUNNY!!

OH AND HOSEMAN...............ROLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!! number 14 coming this fall. hahaha!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.