Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-09, 04:20 PM   #1
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Check this band out

This is my cousins band Surrender the Dance Floor , they just got signed to statik factory records so i thought I would share it with ya all my cousin is the drummer .

Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxyukclwr-U
Old 10-28-09, 05:13 PM   #2
WaffleJaw

Man I'll check them out later tonight when Im on a computer that doesnt block everything,lol...I always assume that 4 word band names are either Hardcore or Screamo...Is my theory correct?haha.
Tell him congrats for sure!!...Being signed to an independent label is the beggining of alot of hardwork to come.....hardwork.

Jim,in the spirit of sharing music....Ive been playing bass for this band the last three years...Let me know what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/primalcircus

You can buy or download the CD here,haha...I never promote here.Gotta hit it all at once!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/primalcircus
Old 10-28-09, 05:50 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Wow! That sounds pretty sweet!!!
Old 10-28-09, 09:19 PM   #4
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
This is my cousins band Surrender the Dance Floor , they just got signed to statik factory records so i thought I would share it with ya all my cousin is the drummer .

Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxyukclwr-U

Like it all but the singing and wierd fade ( in and out ) maybe Im just a bit out of touch with screamo ( never heard of it ) but I do like heavy music , again drumming was fantastic , he does a great job.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 09:47 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i really liked the drumming jim. it has a nice heavy beat, i like that. ebing deaf in one ear, i love heavy back beats, bass playing. not bad for dancing eithe although i am an old disco man, hahahaha. really i like all kinds of music. too old for dancing now too, lmao. good luck to your cousin for real.
Old 10-28-09, 11:34 PM   #6
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i really liked the drumming jim. it has a nice heavy beat, i like that. ebing deaf in one ear, i love heavy back beats, bass playing. not bad for dancing eithe although i am an old disco man, hahahaha. really i like all kinds of music. too old for dancing now too, lmao. good luck to your cousin for real.
I could of swore I saw a video of you and the rest of the chipihales dancing not too long ago.
Old 10-29-09, 11:28 AM   #7
Abbeysdad

Well it's not Glen Miller!

I think the drumming was great...not a big fan of electronic voice over.
Old 10-29-09, 12:03 PM   #8
WaffleJaw

Thumbs up

Well I found them on purevolume.com (good place for unsign/Indy talent)
Man I really like what I heard..I thought the ''Just Dance'' cover was pretty awesome and well done..very creative....Im typically not a big ''cookie monster'' vocal guy...But it was much clearer than most that I hear ,so props to him...The problem I hear the most with using harsh vocals like that,is that it tends to bleed all the songs to sounding similar ,and can carry over the guitar riffs drowning them out a bit (thats just my opinion).However,the second vocalist does a nice job of breaking that up...The eletronic vocals adds a nice touch and creates a nice hook thats different,in a good way...Hopefully they use that in moderation,I know how Addictive using effects can be,lol..Its easy to overkill it.
Your cousin is an excellent drummer....He's got alot of room to shine in that style/band....The beats were nice and tight and very complimentry to the music...I like a drummer who doesnt ''over play'' his kit.
From what I can tell from my little computer speakers,lol, the recording sounds really good as well....Judging everyones levels (with exception of bass,cause were screwed on small treble speakers)
But all and all they have a really good thing going,I know signed bands with half that talent.(seriously) ...As long as you can keep all 6 of them from fighting with each other when they go on a tour...They'll do fine,hahaha
Old 10-29-09, 12:33 PM   #9
1/4 stick

It's hard for me to critique anyone's music for the simple fact that I like listening to everything depending on my mood. Nothing that we put out there for public view is more personal than the music created by someone or a group of someones, and to me there is no right or wrong to it. Plus I'm just learning to play music myself so I have no knowledge of the technical stuff involved.

Personally, I think they sound great. And so do you and the guys you play with WaffleJaw.
Old 10-29-09, 01:22 PM   #10
riverfisher
BassFishin.Com Member

They did a good job with that cover I also checked out there other stuff. I'll be buying there CD!!
riverfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 12:22 PM   #11
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Congrats to your cuz and his band. He can whale on the drums fo sho. I liked it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.