Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-06, 10:31 AM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default horny toad horny...

HOLY CRAP!!! not the actual words used neither.. i started my day by running to the dam tailrace.-would some one tell the retard operating the dam the web site times are off- as i got there just before day light-it aint easy to do in the dark- i started throwing the diamond shad among the boulders and caught a dinky lil feller after some good top water splashes i went to my horny toad just short stroking it among the boulders. a nice keeper sized fish drilled the toad as i hopped it off a small boulder -bout the size of a car- after releasing the frisky bass back into 62 degree water i made about 4 more cast. am way out there when a big fish nails the toad a much larger fish than a bass. when i set the hook the 30 pound ande braid actually twaned like a banjo string. i had to manuver this fish around a boulder the size of a caddy on it's side. when the fish got into open water where the currant was very strong i had a fight and a half i heard the siren blow warning that there opening the gates-2 hours early- i started moving toward the bridge while fight a very powerful fish and a gaining speed currant.after 20 mintues of hand to fin combat i got the fish to the boat so i could see what i had hooked in a word FLAT HEAD. i was below the bridge now and keeping one eye on my location as this section about 500 yards is full of rock big ones. i get to the upper side of the indian dam which is a big flat with my troller on 5. 52 pounds of moter guide fury barley held me against the raging currant i was facing. i reach down and latch on to a tired but not worn out flathead. i put him in my 40 quart cooler -he barley fit- i run down stream to a favored spot and got a real good look at this bruiser as i knew better than us a 20 pound digital scale my 50 pound spring scales -which i know lies- got pulled down to 42 pounds my guess would be 40 or so.. i fish several more spots than the rain started and got fairly heavy i ran to the launch loaded the boat it stopped raining while i was strapping it down and the sun came out i said screw it and headed home.. sorry guys no pic's as my digital camera is in tenn this weekend -wouldn't ya know it..

am going out and get me some fillets in a mintue..

zooker
Old 05-14-06, 11:57 AM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'd say that beat my 8 lb rock . WTG, buddy!
Old 05-17-06, 04:42 PM   #3
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hooked and lost (well he actually broke the line) one appx. 50 to 60 lbs on Highrock a couple years ago. All-Star flipping rod (a pool cue with guides) w/an ABU reel spooled with 25 lb test. Couldn't even turn the fish. Perhaps he didn't even know that he was hooked !

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.