Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-08, 03:15 PM   #1
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default First Dad, now Junior - Pictures.

All right, if you recall my Dad put a pretty good beating on me last time we fished... I boated 6 or 7 dinks and Dad nailed two hawgs, plus dinks, with a Dixie spinner. I posted it under old school fishing.

Today my 10 year old was my nemesis and he threw nothing but watermelon redflake 5 inch yum dingers for 3 1/2 hours. Weightless, Texas rigged. He landed a beautiful stringer of fish. They all hit it on the drop and were kind of gently taking it in and swimming with it. Needless to say, my boy got to hit some monster hooksets... He needed this day, he had three or four bad trips in a row and was starting to seem a little disinterested.

I had one good fish on a shakey head jig and then spent my time netting for my boy....

The biggest fish was 19 inches long and 14 in girth.

Moral of the story, to paraphrase the great George Thorougood, I fish alone!

Please ignore my sons crooked hat, he is no gangster! He tends to knock his hat around when he hooks a fish.

PS - All fish caught on a 5 1/2 foot ugly stick with a $12 Daiwa spinning reel. He has nicer gear, but prefers these! (Take Note those who continually post about expensive gear they need)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG%5F1162.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	433.5 KB
ID:	2482   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG%5F1161-2.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	2483   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG%5F1159.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	2484   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG%5F1160.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	2485   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG%5F1158.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	2486  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG%5F1156.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	481.9 KB
ID:	2487  
Old 07-18-08, 03:21 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Your son looks ghetto fabulous with those shades and the turned hat. Do yall have spinners on the boat trailer?

Haha, thats a nice fish. Real nice, he should be proud. I can remember when I was at school and I would take fish pics to school to brag, man it was great being the talk of school - you know, you would hear people in the halls (hey man, did you see that picture that Bill has of that bass he caught?)

I had a very abnormal childhood.
Old 07-18-08, 03:46 PM   #3
brushhog

You sure there were other children there or was that a side effect of the medication?

We are pretty suburban here, I doubt many of his buddies would recognize a bass... usually when he does bring a picture some lying brat tells him they caught one twice as big!

You should have seen my gangsta gear, Fat gold chains, blingin' grill, all topped with a phat kango cap! That's how we roll!
Old 07-18-08, 06:54 PM   #4
dubyatee
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to dubyatee

Haha i guess i had an odd childhood as well. I would always bring deer pictures into class and everyone thought i was from another planet. Of course this was at a private school where most of the people had more money and different hobbies then me. But those pictures with the kid are great, especially that last pic!
dubyatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-08, 07:23 PM   #5
Jim80

good trip for the kid brushhog , thats a sweet fish for him .
Old 07-18-08, 07:26 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

BH, that's awesome, teel your son congrats.

WTL, spinners on the trailer, that there's funny!

You just gotta get your son a pair of pants that comes down to his ankles and a shirt that almost covers the pants. Then he'll be good to go!

BB
Old 07-18-08, 09:11 PM   #7
brushhog

It's funny how this thread has turned to the Gangsta thing... I coach Jake (my son) in travel basketball and won't allow saggy shorts, wristbands, headbands, trash talk or excessive celebration and you'd be surprised with the complaints I get from PARENTS!!!!

By the way, it was mid 80's and humid as heck when we were fishing, I'm very surprised how active the fish are this time of year.

Also we saw tons of sunfish on beds??? does that make sense? I know beds when I see them and these were clearly beds. I've never seen sunfish like this.
Old 07-18-08, 09:17 PM   #8
Jim80

brush i hear ya on the temps 92 here today and the dew point is 66 crazy humid
Old 07-18-08, 09:29 PM   #9
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Temps reached around 94 I believe here, with humidity level of approximately 165%, give or take, of course. And I was painting! I'm doing some work for my grandma, and it'll take a month for the paint to dry in this aweful weather. So I took off early and fished with my sister's boyfriend. we didn't catch anything though.

BB
Old 07-18-08, 11:40 PM   #10
Jim80

i worked luckily inside but they are saying hi 90's tomorrow and about the same humidity and i planned on fishing late afternoon , gonna have to bring a ton o poweraid with me to stay hydrated
Old 07-19-08, 11:20 AM   #11
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushhog View Post
PS - All fish caught on a 5 1/2 foot ugly stick with a $12 Daiwa spinning reel. He has nicer gear, but prefers these! (Take Note those who continually post about expensive gear they need)
Need? No. Prefer? Yes, of course.

Edit: Dam! I just realized I put this on my old account...
Old 07-19-08, 08:38 PM   #12
bcklash

brushhog, my day finally came when my son had to net fish for me all day. BUT IT TOOK 20 YEARS just kidding, I really enjoy netting fish for my son and he's 27 yrs. old, has his own bass boat and low budget equipment.
Old 07-20-08, 01:55 AM   #13
carolina-rig-01

nothing like watching kids having a great day on the water. that is really cool........and some nice fish too.
Old 07-28-08, 02:06 PM   #14
bamabassman

awesum pics man. great to see your son catching em.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.