Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-08, 07:51 AM   #1
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default James River

Fished the final FOM tourney of the season Saturday on the James. We never could get a big bite. We caught 8 keepers with our best 5 going 7.73 lbs. We finished 23rd out of 66 teams. We made the Regional though by finishing in the top 20 in points (17th). It's been a very mediocre season for my bro and I this year. Hopefully we'll have a good showing at the Regional and make the National Tournament.

We caught our fish on Pumkin Blue Flake Babybrushhogs, 4" Bloodline ring worms, Heddon Spit'n Image, and a Bomber crankbait. We caught a lot of small fish on various other stuff too. Caught a lot of fish just a bunch of dinks. We have another tourney this weekend on the James and we're going to explore some new stuff. Hope to find some better fish!!!
Old 07-22-08, 08:20 AM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Where and when is the Regional tournament? Hopefully it's on something that you can pick up a better limit!
Old 07-22-08, 11:00 AM   #3
BassAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Where and when is the Regional tournament? Hopefully it's on something that you can pick up a better limit!
James River on October 10,11th. It's going out of Osbourne. We should be able to do a little better in October. The middle of summer is tough. I'm going to fish the Chic in this Saturdays tournament. Hopefully we'll find some better fish. Once they start moving to the backs of the creeks I have a couple places we should (hopefully) get on some better fish. I'm usually deer hunting then so I'll need to keep a line wet more often leading up to the tournament!
Old 07-22-08, 12:18 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

sounds like a junk fishing day........a little of this and a little of that. those days can be really tough but it sounds like you guys did fairly well for a tough bite.
Old 07-23-08, 08:16 PM   #5
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Don't be throwing any horney toads or buzzbaits across my favorite pad field!!! Those guys need to fatten up for the next time I'm down there . Can't have you messing them up and transplanting them out on the James.
Old 07-25-08, 11:36 AM   #6
BassAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Don't be throwing any horney toads or buzzbaits across my favorite pad field!!! Those guys need to fatten up for the next time I'm down there . Can't have you messing them up and transplanting them out on the James.
I ain't promising nothin!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.