Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-07, 01:39 AM   #1
LOU
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Hey all, I'm back with big news!!

Hi Guys!!!

I see a lot of new names on this site but luckily a lot of the old good ones!!!

Howzit Zooker, Lizzards, Redbasser great to see you guys are still at it.

I seriously doubt if any of you still remember this but it was a bit more that a year ago when I made my last post and I was considering starting a soft lure manufacturing facility in South Africa.

Well guys a long story short and I will not bore you with the details but about after my last contact I went ahead and gave it a go!! I got my hands on some of the machines, organized some material and now I have a very respectable production facility going. That is mainly the reason for me not posting over the last year or so. I still hold my day job as a project engineer so I have been moonlighting as a lure manufacturer. The last year has been enormously interesting not to even mention exhausting.

I have established a manufacturing arrangement with a South African plastic brand that I basically supply with bulk products, this has given me the opportunity to obtain the required skills and experience. I have also developed a relationship with one of the American plastic manufacturers that you guys might be more familiar with and they have given me a great deal of assistance and allowed me to have a much steeper learning curve than I would have had on my own.

So by July this year I am hoping to really launch my own products for both saltwater and freshwater fishing in South Africa. The products in this range will be under the name of the American brand that I have developed ties with but some of the products will be from molds that I have designed myself.

The reason for me telling you guys all this is not to try and use this site as a selling point as I seriously doubt if it will be worth while for any of you to try and buy from me is South Africa. Really I would love selling to you fellows, I am just not sure what the shipping costs will do to the final price of the lures. So please hold your horses before scalding me for using free publicity, not the intention.

Why am a writing my first post in a year? Well looking through some of the posts now I think I actually missed some of you buggers! Secondly with the designing of the molds and products I do seriously need some help, comments and ideas on products and what products to go for. See the molds for mass production are actually very expensive to manufacture and since my little enterprise is not exactly booming (yet) I would really appreciate the help and comments before cutting the mold. With no one on this site knowing me directly and the fact that I have learned a lot from you guys in the past I was hoping I could bounce a few ideas of you guys in the future. So let me just throw the idea out there and se what sort of comment I get from this so far.

Once again, nice to see some of y’all again!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.