Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-12, 01:22 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Out of the box sinker question

I've been using tungsten bullet wieghts this year. I'll have to say I really do like them. Now I don't like them for $1.25 per sinker though.
I will say, coupled with floro it really does make the feel of the bottom pretty good. The size makes for ease of casting too.
Again, at a buck twenty-five a wieght, I'm not ready to throw in the lead yet.
The question has to do with texas rigging lizzards. (Space monkies to be exact). Now 1/8 oz. tungsten are so very small I was thinking that instead of stepping up to a 1/4 oz. why not throw on two eighth ozs. Better yet, instead of 3/8's which alot of you probably use, use a quarter and an eighth.
Now you got a smaller one in front of a larger one but yet almost the same size of a lead bullet head.
Part of the appeal to tungsten is the sound it emits when hitting rock.
Now think of a tungsten hitting rock followed by another tungsten hitting tungsten. This may be something to consider. Obviously if you peg then you would only peg sinker closest to the bait due to one needing to free float up and down the line. Heck maybe even a real small glass bead between the two sinkers.
Now carolina rigging this should also be something to consider.
Think of this, take and 1/8 oz and then tie a quarter oz finesse jig. Now easier to deep finesse fish. Plus noise. Most finesse jigs don't have rattles, mostly due to bulk.

Just an idea I thought may need some insite from my angling friends.
So what do you yhink?
And as always, whys are always nice.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.