Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 07-09-12, 04:18 PM   #1
srod491438
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 1987 Ranger 373V Bass Masters Classic

I'm hoping someone can help me. I bought a used 1987 Ranger 372V Bass Masters Classic with a Johnson 150 GT. There are a few problems, but the fuel transferr switch is on the top of my list and it's back left side of the transom. It doesn't work at all. Where can you get another? As I stated there are some minor problems with this boat, but it goes 65 mph, and that's not with the hammer all the way down. I'm hoping to get it back to a very good condition, shined up and everything working. Man it will look good. Oh there is a panel on the driver's side that has two pull tabs, but they will not slide. I'm thinking it's for the live wells, but I don't know. I would appreciate any help.
srod491438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 06:05 PM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

dealer / or boat repair shop for the switch. good boat and hoppe you have many hours of fishing plesure with it
Old 07-09-12, 08:12 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

post up some pics of the rig pal. and nobass told oyu right, go to a boat shop for the switch, it'll be easier if oyu take the rig with oyu and point out ALL the problems. if they are a good shop, they will tell oyu how to fix it. 65 mph, is this fromt he mph gauge on the rig? sounds fast to me. the johnson gt 150 is a great motor. had one myself. the ranger oyu got is a nice rig too.

another reason i asked for pics is we LOVE to see boats here. hahaha!!
Old 07-09-12, 08:17 PM   #4
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ranger,the old gt 150 was a good fairly low compression engine and your reading your speedometer it wont do 65 unless behind the truck while towing.
Slides are for livewell plugs which normally after years of use leak by ,buy a set of manual plugs and insert inside the livewell if running long distances or fishing T,for casual fishing just use the slide.Great boat to learn with slow,wont sink,very forgiving.I had a 373v with a gt150.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 08:57 AM   #5
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

With a 150 it might be a tad slow by today's standard but put a 200 on the stern and you have a boat that will run 70+ according to the GPS. I have an 87' 373V also. Great boat and you don't need a semi to pull it. The fuel switch is a valve that you can get through Defender Marine or Jamestown Distributors. Enjoy you boat. I'm enjoying the heck out of mine.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.