Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-06, 08:23 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the weather has been something else last year and the start of this year. The warm days and all the fires. California is usually the place which is on fire and we are usually wet but things have changed. The lake is 4 foot plus low. This is a major problem as we have become accustom to running in certain areas and not hitting anything. Wrong!!! There are stumps sticking up in many areas I have not seen in a long time. You had better stick to the boat lanes or get ready for some problems. The fishing is good for the time of the year. This is still winter and the fish are still doing their winter things. Lipless crank baits around grass and grassy points have been good for some nice chunks. Boy these fish can pull. I almost had two fish on one trap yesterday. It surprised me as one tried to take the trap from the other. Main lake points with grass and just inside creeks with grass has been the key areas. Run you lipless crank bait just over the grass and if it hangs rip it out and let it drop a little and hold on.
The drop shot was the bait of the day in the after noon. 27 to 32 foot was the magic depth. The fish didn’t want much movement in the presentation. Just a slight jiggle and wait then the line would load up.
Humps and roadbeds are good areas to look. You may have to run a few places before you find a group of fish. Be sure to go back over areas you didn’t mark any fish as they may show up later.
The crappie have been good but the wind has held most boaters off the deep water. The water temp was 50 yesterday.
I have Jan and Feb dates open if you want to try some deep water fishing. I have springs dates open and can set up a trip if you have a date you want to go give me a call.
I want to say thank you to all who follow my report Happy New Year!
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.