Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-06, 07:23 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, I hope all had a safe and Happy 4th of July holiday. A little rain came our way yesterday but not enough to do the lake any good. The next couple of months will be serious for us and our lake. The fishing has still been good and the patterns have remained the same. This time of year the report is almost the same as the last report. The fish are in their summer patterns and deep water fishing is the best approach to catch them. Drop shoting, Carolina and Texas rigging, deep crank baits, swim baits, and ripping big spinner baits off the bottom are all good patterns. The key is to find bait and fish close by and then back off and cast to the school. Many suspended fish can been caught on just about any thing you can count down to the right depth. Finding the right depth and keeping the bait in this area is the key.
The Lake Fork Tackle Baby Creature and Baby Ring fry on the Texas and Carolina rigs have been very productive. The 4 inch Ring fry is another good bait on the Carolina rig out deep. The Lake Fork Tackle twitch worm fished wacky or on the drop shot wacky has been very good.
The Wave Worm Tiki stick in regular and baby have been good on the above mention tactics.
For those that have not tried ripping big spinners off the bottom the best way is to get a one ounce spinner bait with willow leaf blades and find fish on your electronics and drop a marker, back off and cast to the area. Let the bait fall to the bottom and then rip it up and let it fall back to the bottom. The fish will hit the bait on the fall so be ready. I know some who use braided line for this to keep from losing fish.
The Crappie are still running small under the bridges and the timber has been the best areas for keeper size fish. Start out in 20 foot of water and fish around brush about 12 to 15 feet down. Move from tree to tree till you find the fish. It want be as cool out there but the results will be better.
I will be out of town next week and my report may be late getting out so don’t give up on me, I will get it on soon as I get back.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.