Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-09, 10:28 PM   #1
bigjim
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Moron Of The Year!!!

so i decide to go out for a couple of hrs tonite to a nearby lake. theres one spot ive been going to frequently.. mind you, this is a pretty big lake not some small neighborhood pond, not that it would have mattered in this case either way. so im there fishin off this boat pier. (which there a 3 of in a row) and im just workin the weed line along the shore, not casting anywhere else. just focused on this 1 small area.
then some kid shows up with his walmart special fishing set-up & has to come on the pier im on. even though there are 2 more directly next to the 1 im on, but no he has to come on mine. so now im kinda pissed just for that reason alone..LOL
im just like whatever, i get over it. im working my weed line he can do whatever the hell hes gonna do
so whats he do? throws his garbage lure directly over my line and gets me all tangled with his line..
i just look at him and say SERIOUSLY!!!!YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!! ARE YOU BRAINDEAD? YOU MUST BE!!! im using this little spot you have all that area of the lake, acres & acres and 2 other piers to boot. there is absolutely no reason for you to be tangled in my line.. finally got untangled after 10 minutes of B.S. and just said i gotta get the hell out of here before i end up being on the 10 o'clock news for drowning a moron at the forest preserve
bigjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-09, 10:55 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

LOL...I wish I had a video of the whole thing.
Old 07-22-09, 11:01 PM   #3
bigjim

i can laugh about it now, but boy was i pissed at the time,, i wanted to wring this kids neck..had to hold my self back from even being tempted to push him in the water, just out pure aggravation over the situation
Old 07-22-09, 11:21 PM   #4
bamabassman

matbe he was wanting you to teach him a few things? someone to help him out? just a thought.
Old 07-22-09, 11:21 PM   #5
keithdog

That kind of thing can really send you over the edge. Like this fall I was casting from shore of a local lake I like to fish. I was in one of my favorite little spots in a small bay. Out of no where, along come some DA in a canoe and he smiles and waves as he cruises right between me and where I had just cast. I gotta tell ya, I quickly thought of a great place to put my zara spook!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-09, 11:27 PM   #6
nofearengineer

Now that I think of it, sometimes I like to fish by myself, but most times I prefer to have company. Maybe the kid was just lookin for someone to shoot the breeze with. HE goofed up bigtime though, by gobbing up your line hehe.
Old 07-22-09, 11:42 PM   #7
bigjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
That kind of thing can really send you over the edge. Like this fall I was casting from shore of a local lake I like to fish. I was in one of my favorite little spots in a small bay. Out of no where, along come some DA in a canoe and he smiles and waves as he cruises right between me and where I had just cast. I gotta tell ya, I quickly thought of a great place to put my zara spook!

oh yea, ive had to deal with a few of those canoe idiots too at this lake.

nofeareng: no, he wasnt looking for someone to chit-chat with, as he dont a speaky no english, would have been kind of hard for any conversing, 'se?
Old 07-23-09, 01:14 AM   #8
shutupnfish
BassFishin.Com Member

Think about it from another angle. He probably said to himself, "Great, somebody's in my our favorite spot." "I'll pull the ol' hey I'm a dumba$$ card and run him off so me and my pals can have our spot." That just makes him a **** instead of a moron. Either way you did the right by avoiding any prison time.

Steve
shutupnfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 10:22 AM   #9
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I was ledge fishing about 3 weeks ago and had my bright orange marker bouy out and was having a great time. Along comes this dude crusing down the ledge with the gas motor at a slow speed. He gets so close to the bouy that you see it bump his boat. He smiles and waves at me then sets a waypoint on his graph. I really wanted to show him that he was number one (if you know what I mean), but I didn't. He went about 200 yards down the ledge and dropped a bouy and started fishing. I caught a few more and was leaving to go to the next spot. But of course I returned the favor and drove by, smiled and waved and no I did not set a waypoint (I already had that spot marked). I probably should have taken the higher road and not drove past and I wouldn't have if my kid was with me, but I could not pass it up.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 03:06 PM   #10
Rodz
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
then some kid shows up with his walmart special fishing set-up & has to come on the pier im on.
I guess it depends on how old the kid is. If he's 16, then he's out of line. If he's 10, he's was probably trying to learn something. I've had that happen with young kids and I don't mind sharing a spot. Show him how to cast so he doesn't tangle the lines. If he's young and fishing by himself there's a posibility he doesn't have much of a family life. I'd rather see kids fishing than out doing something stupid.
Bob
Rodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 05:53 PM   #11
bigjim

Rodz, i agree 100%, if it was a kid about 9 or 10 i wouldnt have gotten upset ( at least as much) and would have explained a few things to him, the kid was probably 15 , old enough to have even an ounce of brains and know better. he was w/ older ppl. either parent or older bro. cause i saw him. i look at it as pure disrespect for what he did
in his eyes, all i was. was just another stupid GRINGO!

dont want everyone here thinkin im a total A*hole.. the night before in the same spot there were 2 kids probably about 10 or 11 and i was chit chatting & I even set their rods up to fish DS! using my hooks and weights & i tore a worm in 1/2 so they could each have part if it...sooo thats all i have to say about that..

its just little maggots like the 1 last nite and act like im invisible and doesnt care who hes bothering
Old 07-24-09, 07:15 AM   #12
Rodz
BassFishin.Com Member

That's cool. I like to help kids too. At 15 he showed no respect and I've noticed that from a lot of teens lately. It's like they haven't had anyone tell them right from wrong. It makes you wonder what their kids will be like.
Bob
Old 07-24-09, 10:02 AM   #13
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettvet View Post
I was ledge fishing about 3 weeks ago and had my bright orange marker bouy out and was having a great time. Along comes this dude crusing down the ledge with the gas motor at a slow speed. He gets so close to the bouy that you see it bump his boat. He smiles and waves at me then sets a waypoint on his graph. I really wanted to show him that he was number one (if you know what I mean), but I didn't. He went about 200 yards down the ledge and dropped a bouy and started fishing. I caught a few more and was leaving to go to the next spot. But of course I returned the favor and drove by, smiled and waved and no I did not set a waypoint (I already had that spot marked). I probably should have taken the higher road and not drove past and I wouldn't have if my kid was with me, but I could not pass it up.
im sorry i definately would of showed him he was #1....... our lakes will sometimes have recreation boater everywhere and jet skier will run between you and the bank, its ridiculous

but i wish i could of seen you yellin at this kid
Old 07-24-09, 12:51 PM   #14
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Maybe he just wanted to say that he finally caught something .

Jim
Old 07-24-09, 01:01 PM   #15
Randy
BassFishin.Com Member

Amen on the jetski's and waterskiers. I had a run in with a waterskier last year on lake Tarpon. I could have and should have, cast right over the ski rope. Where is the game warden when that stuff happens? I just threw up my hands as if to say WTF. So the little smart a** dropped his drawers and mooned me...hahaha... Of course I put the 3/4 oz. trap on and stood there cocked and loaded ( no pun intended). No such luck that he would come back by. I have a good memory, I know what the boat looks like, and I fish the same lake just about every weekend. But your Honor, what was he doing so close to my boat that I could cast over his line?????
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 05:50 PM   #16
nofearengineer

You know, I should take one of my heavy traps, take the hooks off of it (to stay out of criminal court), and keep it ready for the jetskiers on Patoka. They seem to be oblvious to what seems to me an obvious "fishing only" cove. You know the kind, where there will be 5-6 bass boats working their way around, in that unspoken, yet strictly adhered to code of behavior, where everybody waits their turn, and everybody does their best to leave the places they don't fish undisturbed.

When some stupid jetskier rips in and then immediately out of it because it's only big enough for about 4 seconds when you're going 60 mph, I can almost hear a collective groan from all of my fellow anglers. I say almost, because this guy's jetski is some custom hot-rodded job with an 140db exhaust.

Screw the trap...I'm going to buy a shotgun and a can of salt.
Old 07-24-09, 07:26 PM   #17
bigjim

many of the lakes i fish dont allow motorized watercraft, just kayaks, canoes or boats w/elec. trolling motors... but early this year ( same preserve ,different area) i was fishing the dam on the lake side that leads into the saltcreek. theres a big concrete enbankment on either side of the dam and i usually stand there and throw a spinner to the middle of the spillway and retrieve, well there is a pretty strong current obviously. thats why they have all these bouyes marking that area off about 100' out or so from the dam, so kayakers and canoers ect. stay out.
now across the dam to the embankment on the other side is maybe 50 to 60 ft. some A*hole in his kayak pulls right in with his kayak dead center of where i was fishing. and took over the whole area ..he acted like the whole lake was his own private space, screw everyone else..just looked at me and smirked, like too bad for you im fishing here now....i freakin lost it!!! i called him every name in the book, so was the guy on the other enbankment cause he screwd him over as well.
now that i think about it, what the kid did was not so bad compared to this clown in the kayak. what douche that guy was!!!
Old 08-04-09, 09:35 PM   #18
rambler1141
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Jerks

I was fishing a small lake in Michigan, in my row boat. I was sitting on the edge of the lily pads when a water skier threw water in my boat. Next time around, I stood up with an oar in my hand like it was a spear all cocked back and ready to throw. The woman skier saw it and her eyes got big as saucers and she veered away. They stopped and next time out, she was driving and never did come near me, again. Some people just need an object lesson.
rambler1141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 04:32 PM   #19
Rodz
BassFishin.Com Member

I was fishing on a lake in west Michigan Sunday. The boaters were getting a little close. I just hang on and give them the "look". The strange thing that happened was some guy looked to be swimming across the lake right through all the boats and jet ski traffic. A jet ski didn't see him and was heading straight for him. He saw him in time to swerve. Then the stupid swimmer gets mad and screams and tries to get in a fight with the guy on the jet ski.
Bob
Old 08-06-09, 08:13 PM   #20
Big E
BassFishin.Com Member

I figured for sure he tangled up with your line and he pulled out an 5 pound bass at your expense! Kids got no pity or brains alot of times and ignore or don't know what they are doing. Happens all the time. Glad you didn't whip his tail E
Big E is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.