Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-05, 05:28 PM   #1
lockjaw
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Tourny results

I had a pretty bad day. I didn't have trouble getting them to bite just landing them. I was forced to fish from the bank. I only brought 2 rods. One for topwater (a stiff rod for keeping a bass from burying in the milfoil with 20lb line) and a rod to worm with (A flimsy sensitive rod with 12lb. line). I was there at daylight and made my first cast with a popper as soon as I could see good enough. Sure enough I got it about 15ft. from the bank and a monster blew up on it, blowed water everywhere. I had my drag set as tight as it would go to keep a bass from burying in the thick milfoil. I rared back with a Bill Dance hookset and the fight was on. Being hooked so close it made a hard run for deeper water. I had the monster hooked for about 3 sec. It was just too much for my little old reel. My reel made the awfulest sound as a gear stripped and the bass came off. I estimate the bass at 6 or 7 lbs. It was definately the biggest bass I've ever hooked. So my reel is broke and reeling backward. I am forced to use my worm rod to topwater fish. To make a long story short I had one break my line with a popper and one break my line with a spook. Both 3 or 4 lbs got me buried in milfoil. I missed 2 off a buzzbait and another off a spook. I ended up catching one about 3lbs. off a spook and another about 2lbs off a buzzbait. I took pictures but I don't know how to post them and it really doesn't matter since I don't have enough weight to win it any way. Hope you had a better day than I did.
Old 07-24-05, 05:51 PM   #2
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wow, sorry bud that sucks. I got 1lb 9 oz on my t-day. I lost a nice 3-4lber on a spooks and a couple 2 lbers.
Old 07-24-05, 06:34 PM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

They sure were picky today, many I got weren't hooked well at all, or came off at the boat...keep trying
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-05, 11:30 PM   #4
Rodman_Rob

i was skunked on the tourney.
Old 07-25-05, 12:35 AM   #5
Bender

I had a huge day Saturday. At the end I had caught 118" of fish with none smaller than 15". And here is the bigest one I have ever caught which happened to be the third fish of the day. A very small pond with heavy cover and clear water. My personal best day of fishing ever.

Edit: I caught 2 today a 16" and a 17", Sunday, but it was too hot and they weren't moving at all. Also that big guy above weighed in just over 3 lbs.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 04:07 PM   #6
Denny_ohio
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default wow momma

Nice fish!!!!!!!!!!!! chucky monkey

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.