Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-06, 10:46 AM   #1
Capt John

Default Opinions on Boat Drawing for 2007

Our company will be giving away a new 18 foot Skeeter in 2007. We have already released information on our site about it and would just like to have some personal opinions and ideas on it before we print any brochures. Your feedback is appreciated.

What do you all think of the new Shimano Curados? Was the quality really worth such a price increase?

Capt John
Old 11-29-06, 10:59 AM   #2
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

I'm a big fan of curado's, and have three or four of them, but I am not buying them as often as I used to when they where 119.00. To answer you're question, no they are not worth 200.00, but I will pay the price, cause it's what I want. I don't believe my 2004 Chevy truck was worth 24K either, but it too was what I wanted. It's like just just about everything on the market these days, they sell it for what they cant get.

It's like gas, if people would refuse to buy at 2 bucks a gallon, they would have to reduce the price. Of course they have us over a barrow (no pun intended), and we have to pay.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 12:18 PM   #3
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

welcome to the forums captain! i have heard nothing but good things about the new curdao.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 01:21 PM   #4
garry_3000
BassFishin.Com Active Member

No!! um No!! I bought one and was so happy I thought to my self man this reel should rock boy was I wrong. The new reels are first off heavyer and no where near as smooth so I took mine back to BPS and got two Quantum Ac reels At 79.99 an much better reel imop.
garry_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 06:04 PM   #5
ToPwAt'R GuY

I dont like most shimanos but those are okay. There is no way the are worth that though.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 08:49 PM   #6
Capt John

I have the same opinion. I have 18 of the old style reels, but can not see paying an extra $80 myself for the new ones. Seems like gary thinks the Quantum Ac reels are near equal to the old Curados.

Hello Skeeter, have you put one in your hands?

Capt. John
Old 11-29-06, 10:08 PM   #7
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

All I want to know is "WHERE DO I REGISTER FOR THE BOAT GIVEAWAY?" LOL. I use Shimano's a lot(right PNJ). I however have the older curado, and will probably buy the newer one eventually. I however pitch more than anything, so I use the Castaic's more than all of the othere reels combined.

Lizards
Old 11-30-06, 10:34 AM   #8
Capt John

Lizards,
You have got good taste. Castiac is an excellent choice. As for the location for the drawing. I have posted it before in my message here, but it has gotten taken off. You may have to click on my profile and then click on my homepage for Wetland Outfitters. If you have any other troubles, just shoot me an email.
Old 11-30-06, 12:32 PM   #9
garry_3000
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey hold up now I think that the quantum ac is better than the new silver modle imop the green is the best reel ever made by any one hands down
garry_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06, 05:18 PM   #10
zooker

open it up..inside all you will find is a whole lot more plastic inside than before. yep welcome to fishing, add cheap crappy parts so they wear out faster making the owner buy another one..there is only a 70% mark up on fishing equipment.

i still have and use regularly 4 quatum old silver mag gears one is 30 years old.
i have a pile of newer reels than are slap worn out some are less than 3 years old..

zooker
Old 11-30-06, 11:50 PM   #11
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

i have 5 of the green ones.would never pay $120 each.got 'em for $40 a pop at wally world on clearance..i have 1 scorpion 1000 also.if i were going to spend near $150(which i won't,my wife got this one for me)i'd get another scorpion.
Old 12-01-06, 10:49 AM   #12
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

i love the new reel an improvement from the old one
Old 12-02-06, 06:35 PM   #13
lizardsrule

So I got to pay $30 to be a member, and then I get registered for the drawing(5 tickets). And if I buy more stuff from your site I get more entry's. Or I can buy some of your sponsors stuff elsewhere, and send you a copy of the receipt, and you will get me more raffle tickets. So in other words registering for the boat giveaway is gonna cost me at least $30. I'll have to pass on that one. If it was a specific numbers of tickets/entry's like a true raffle, then perhaps I'd be interested. But no way to tell how many raffle tickets will be given out. Plus I didn't see a ton of products on the site I use. Just doesn't make good sense to me personally. I do see how it could increase your sales some though. Not a horrible idea, just not good for me.

Lizards
Old 12-04-06, 12:20 PM   #14
Capt John

Some how we have to get that boat paid for. We have compared our program to couple others and we think we have taken this one to the next level. One company charges $30.00 just to get member discounts to their store, but with no boat. Another charges $100.00 for one shot at the boat and you can not even get on their site unless your a member.

For $30..00, you would end up saving way more than that during the year. Say you bought a new depth finder, your saving on that one item was more than $30.00. For every 1500 members, we will be giving away a new boat. So their is a chance at the drawing each month or even 2-3 chances at a boat. What ever ticket number wins a boat, they will be given the chance to take the boat or a cash option.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.