Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-08, 10:59 AM   #51
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker-lander View Post
I'm kind of worried I now started this thread... This is a bass fishing site!

-Lunk-
This why this link was created to take this kind of talk to another area of the page. Were not having this discusion in other area's of the board.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 11:07 AM   #52
Lilmoosecountry

WTL i did stand behind Ron Paul. I volunteered for him locally. But yes i am a party man. The reality is he can't win. Do the math there is not enough delegates left to win the party. That's a reality!!! I respect that Romney boud out. Even thouh i don't agree with him i agree on this. McCain is the front runner. He may be a moderate but he is the Frontrunner. We need to back him now if we don't want hillary as a pesident. We need to begin now why she is weak fighting off obama.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 05:13 PM   #53
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

You know in 2000, I supported GW Bush, barely. I realized that it would have been better for the GOP had Gore been elected. You see, GW Bush is a dumbass. He was never going to be a good president, and sometimes its better to let the other guys put their idiot in office and get blamed for all that happens rather than getting you idiot put in office. Think about it. Gore would have been a 1 termer for sure. The GOP, needing to get new blood in the party would have shaken things up in 04 and things would be better.

Thats why I don't really support McCain. I might end up casting a secret ballot for him, but I wont endorse the man. He just isnt good enough. Just cause he is a token republican doesn't make him right or better for the country.

I might just write in Thomas Jefferson.
Old 02-13-08, 05:46 PM   #54
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Go Ron Paul! Nothing like a good 'ole 4% in every caucuses. With no chance of winning, I'll take Huckabee next...

-Lunk-
Old 02-13-08, 06:28 PM   #55
WTL

Who the hell cares if he aint got a chance at winning. Otherwise, no matter who you vote for is a fraud. Huckabee is the closest to being ok, but even he is not really all that conservative, just evangelical.

What we need, what I am trying my best to do every time I vote, is to cause a revolution in the GOP similar to what happenend in 1980. Right now the GOP forumal is set. We have seen that formula challenged, and McCain is a little bit a refutation of it. If he loses the general election though, I think in the long run it will cause the GOP to shift it's axis. Libertarianism, which is the philosophy that Ron Paul is most associated with, can be what saves the GOP if a few major candidates in that party will embrace it.
Old 02-13-08, 09:52 PM   #56
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Too bad we are where we are today. Couldn't ask anymore for the good old days...

-Lunk-
Old 02-14-08, 10:04 PM   #57
bamabassman

thank you guys. now stop it.. getting whimpy here. lol. no really thanks, i just am tired of the way this country is being run. and it looks as if we are about to get worse. hillery or obama. looks like that is going to be the next president. please o lord help us now, we need your hand more than ever.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-08, 10:57 PM   #58
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

back to the beginning guys.according to the heritage foundation each illegal immigrant uses 24000 dollars worth of unpaid services per year.this is why or health care system is strained.in many areas the educational system is strained.we should send all the illegals back because they broke our laws.we should then revise the law to make it easier to become a citizen.you should get 2 years to learn english and become a citizen or get out.while we do this we should shut down both borders and let in only those we think we need.it is every countries right to control who comes into their country and who doesn't.
Old 02-14-08, 11:05 PM   #59
bamabassman

i agree. but that only 1 reason the system is screwed up. and by the way, did you know that the government GIVES immigrants money TAX FREE ? ok, a couple comes from india, they want to own their own business.the government gives them , i believe it is about 150000 dollars, tax free for up to 7 years. then if the business goes broke. too bad. then the hubby just "sells" the business to his wife and she runs the same scam.
Old 02-14-08, 11:06 PM   #60
bamabassman

at least that is what a couple from india told me a few years ago.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.