Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-09, 03:05 AM   #1
weezymagic
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to weezymagic
Default Trout

i know this is bass fishin and i love bass but its trout season in missouri and my friend and fellow fisherman is coming back from college for break. he wants to go trout fishin and so do i. heres the problem, ive never been. i know thats hard to believe but i hate the cold. with a passion. so what kinds of baits and presentations do you guys use. id assume from conversation with past fishermen that small is the way to go in all areas. as far as lures go, spinners, rooster tails, dough, and small senkos (or any worm)

thanks for the help
Old 11-22-09, 10:40 AM   #2
Jigger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

go to www.flyfishingarkansas.com. and click onto "forum". Ask these guys. They know their stuff and are familiar with all the trout waters in Mo. and Ar.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-09, 11:50 PM   #3
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

There are supposed to be a lot of them up here and there are even heavily stocked ponds but I couldn't catch any the few times I tried. I was told to try small inline spinners like Mepps and Panther Martins and little spoons like Phoebes. I don't know what they relate to so I was just an idiot casting into the middle of the lake. I hope you have better luck than me.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-09, 12:59 PM   #4
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

For most stocked trout I go with kastmasters.
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewkastmaster.html
They are a spoon that somes in various sizes. They are heavy enough to cast far and they can be worked at almost any depth.

On a side note, they are also great to throw into shad boils for the bass. You can get them just about anywhere. Most of mine have come from walmart.
Old 11-23-09, 02:14 PM   #5
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I second Abbey's vote for the Kastmaster. I caught a 4-1/2 lb North Platte Rainbow on one when I was twelve. Caught many more 'bows over those years with it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.