Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-09, 08:41 AM   #1
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default back after a breif break

hey guys... feels like i ain't been around here in forever, but anyhow, I'm back mom demanded that I do not visit any forums (fishing, raiders, ect) until all of my college apps were done, and that I had received the first acceptance. Of course, the fact that I am here means that I have oficially been accepted to The University of Alabama at Birmingham, and I have an interview coming up in that area for their Medical/ Honors program soon, so I will be contacting some of you 'Bama folk as soon as I get a date (Nice win last night, by the way). Also got into Rutgers little after. Haven't fished in a while, but I think I will have to change that. I missed the striper run which irks me, but hey, I'll go out for something.
On the topic of football... Yep, the Raiders as usual led me on to think they would be good, played miserably, won some huge games in upsets to boost me up thru the season only to let me down. Cass, looks like you will be getting some mail again this year.

Back to the fishing!
Old 12-06-09, 10:52 AM   #2
Bob Smith

WTG, CRANKY! Your Mom is right on target! I hope your interview goes well. Once you get down here, maybe we'll hook up and you can do a little bit of Bama fishing and some Georgia fishing. Might even get you up here in North Georgia to stay weekend every now and then at my house.
Old 12-06-09, 11:26 AM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ALRIGHT CRANKY! Ol bob-o hit the nails head pal. I have a neice that is working and attending at UAB. If there is ANYTHING you need that i can do to help you just ask my friend. And as Bob said, we'll get you up here in the northern area for some fishing. We'll take you out on lake guntersville and a few over in ga. like bob said. After you fish these waters....you'll never want to go up north again, hahahahaha.
Oh yea, we got an extra room too. Would love for you to come over for a weekend of fishing.
Old 12-06-09, 12:52 PM   #4
crankybait

Hey guys, thanks, sounds great to me. Always nice to meet folk out on the water, especially down in the warm south. Think I'm going to have to try n break my PB. I'll let you know when I'll be down, hopefully over winter break so my interview can turn into a mini-vacation of sorts.
Old 12-06-09, 01:09 PM   #5
1/4 stick

Congrats Cranky!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.