Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-06, 11:12 PM   #1
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default I can't believe how pissed I am right now.

Here it is, the wekk I be graduatin, and I decided to go fishing.

I keep my boat out in the yard at a friends house. Well, last time I left the boat there I didn't take most of my plano boxes out of the boat. As it so happens, I showed up this afternoon and 4 plano boxes containg, oh, around 300$ worth of hardbaits had been lifted from my boat. Thats it. They didn't take the light, or the life preservers, nets, the TM...anything else, just my friggin hard baits. Now I have almost nothing in the way of jerkabaits. No AC Shiners. No rat-l-traps. No Sammies. No Devils horses. Not even a johnson silver minnow. And I am to make a reservation for sunday and monday night at a local state park so me and my Dad can go fishing, and since he had allowed me to take all his lures to school...I got to tell him we have to go buy replacements for all his favorite lures too! Nice. And I have the big trip coming up to Florida the last 2 weeks of june, and right now have only a handful of hardbaits. Great. I have 3 weeks to find an apartment, a job....I can't afford to go replace the whole frigging collection. Damn student loans will be do in 6 months. Swell. And this whole time, I'm imagining the puke who stole all this from me...probably a f$^$#& catfisherman or some lesser angler who doesn't even know the difference between a risto rap and a fat rap, and who wont get anything out of the several colors he has of each lure, courtesy of the tackle collection I have been amassing aparently for his own sake for the past 10 years.

You guys know I'm not a mooch, but if any of yall ahve a few topwaters or old rat-l-traps, really anything that you arent using....I would appreciate them. Its gonna be a long time before I get back to where I was, but I'd appreciate any help.
Old 05-08-06, 11:36 PM   #2
Rebbasser

Well, that just sucks. Period. PM me your address-I'll send you a care package.
Old 05-09-06, 12:10 AM   #3
Deacon
BassFishin.Com Active Member

WTL....man that sux big time I would like to help you out as well....PM me. I have a few things laying around! I can send you a care package too...
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-06, 08:18 AM   #4
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well WTL, I don't have a whole lot, but I can get some for you. PM me. I know how it feels to get your tackle jacked, I lost all of mine two years ago. I swear, if I would have found the low down b*****d that did it, I would have punched him square in the mouth. Hey, theres a halfway decent chance that a fisherman didn't do it, check the nearby pawn shops.
Old 05-09-06, 08:31 AM   #5
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Yeah, I am sure I can find some lures that haven't got a home in the boat or in my buttbag, pm me with your addy and I'll try to get some gear out to you asap. And next time, don't let there be a next time, keep your gear stashed away safe somewhere.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-06, 08:36 AM   #6
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

PM me with your address....i have some stuff i can send but it probably won't be in time for your trip....
Old 05-09-06, 09:34 AM   #7
FlyRod

Question Asap!!!

WTL,

Is there an Academy Sports store nearby? Other major tackle store ? Need answer ASAP.

FlyRod

SEE PM!!!
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-06, 10:54 AM   #8
JB

wtl,
Have your dad file a police report, send it to his homeowners insurance, and you should be covered, I've been ripped off an insurance covered it all.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-06, 10:55 AM   #9
WTL

Flyrod, yes...a new Academy just opened like last month down here in Tuscaloosa. I'm going to run down there after finals and get what I can.

PS Thanks everyone, I'm PMing yall now. It really means a lot.
Old 05-10-06, 07:36 AM   #10
lizardsrule

Send me your address too MOOCH LOL. And please don't start drinking and decide to leave your tackle in the open again rotfl. I know there are crooks everywhere, you have got to protect your stuff better, by not leaving them laying out. I know it's a pian, but having all your stuff gone is a bigger pain.

Lizards
Old 05-10-06, 10:49 PM   #11
bass kicker

i am starting rebuild my supply or i would send you some (lost some tackle of a boat
Old 05-11-06, 11:48 AM   #12
jordan41

Send a message via MSN to jordan41 Send a message via Yahoo to jordan41

hope u get them back.
Old 05-11-06, 10:42 PM   #13
flfireman

Sometimes you wonder where the world is going. Then someones does such a act of kindness and I stop wondering. You guys are all standup people. WTL if you got a BPS near by, send me an addie and theres a gift card w/ your name on it. If not, give me a holler before heading to Fl- we got 4.
Old 05-11-06, 11:13 PM   #14
bassguy2004

WTL, PM me with your address. I think I can dig up a few things for ya.
Old 05-12-06, 10:15 AM   #15
Ryano
BassFishin.Com Member

PM me dude, I just got about 200-300 hard baits from my step dad, some are newer, some are older. Just PM me and tell me the colors/baits you like and I most likely will have some I can send you.
Ryano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 04:37 PM   #16
Rider

That sucks dude, id send u somthin but i have nothing but small jigs and plastics, i have like 2 cranks( i can never get them to work) Ill try to find a locking storage system or somthin to prevent it from happinin again, ill PM the link if i can find somthin. its a shame somone would steal anything from anybody.... Sorry Bro
Old 05-13-06, 03:49 PM   #17
angelus40

wtl bro that suck big time... i hope they catch the dirt bags
if i had the money i'd send something
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-06, 05:18 PM   #18
crankybait

wtl, i dont have such a big fishing arsenal and im sure id flip out on anyone who stole them. holy hell i spend all of my birthday money every year on that stuff. i really feel for ya. id send you some crankbaits, but i dont have too many. what i can do is make you a bait... any hardbait you want, in any specification. just pm me. i can do rattles, but they aint the greatest. i just got white paint and made a batch, theyre waiting for epoxy
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-06, 12:25 AM   #19
WTL

Thanks everybody. Yall really are the greatest. I still cant believe all of this. I think now I should be in very good shape, I'm gonna get home and pick up all the lures after this trip to Millers Ferry which I'm leaving for tommorrow with the old man. Speaking of my Dad, I told him about the lures being stolen...but made sure it was the first thing out of my mouth when I saw him after having walked across the stage this afternoon to recieve my "diploma" (actually an empty binder, they send them in the mail...how hollow!)...that way how mad could he be?

I'll post a report with pics sometime next week when I get back. Again thanks everyone.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.