Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-09, 02:00 PM   #1
OrygunBasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Better all around performance for your Bass Boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbltap View Post
Well what are the pros and cons of installing a hydrofoil on your motor? Do they really help save fuel? Do they get your boat on plane quicker? Are they worth it?
Yes, they do work but they are not the best solution out there! One thing is that they put strain in places that the motor was not designed to support!

This is the set up you need, They are called Smart Tabs! I have done and continue to do feild testing for them. They are the best thing since sliced bread. You would not beleive the performance they give you. I have them on my Stratos and it handles like a porsche! On plain in an instant, and very stable ride.
If you click on Mobster tabs that is a picture of one of my old boats!!

http://www.nauticusinc.com/
This is the newer SX on my Stratos!
Old 04-02-09, 02:26 PM   #2
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

how does it install and work?
Old 04-02-09, 04:13 PM   #3
OrygunBasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1503 View Post
how does it install and work?
The shock looking part is like the piston assembly that holds your hatch open on an SUV or the lids on your Bass Boat. You can get different strength ones. The plate is hinged and flips up as your boat gets on plane and is straight out. They act a lot like shock absorbers on your car. They obviously do not soften the ride, but they adjust individually to waves and turning. One thing that is an added plus which they were not designed to do is that they almost eliminate backwash. The reason that they do this is that when you chop the throttle and your boat slows, they deploy down automatically and actually lift the rear of your boat up so that the backwash doesn't come in as bad or at all! Also, the boat will not wonder from left to right when you are idling in a no wake zone like boats tend to do. They also help with chine walk to a point!

Some boats will lose a very little bit of top end, but most will actually gain a bit as you can use a higher pitch prop for top end performance because your holeshot will be easier. The nose of your boat will not look like a shuttle launch when you blast off, just a slight rise and the boat is on plane. You can stay on plane at about 15MPH compared with about 25 normally! I will not have a boat without them from now on. Some hulls will not allow the installation because of the shape of the transom.

My part in testing them was trying to break them, and break them I did. They were not really designed for high performance boats and the way that I broke them was running flat out on a chop of about a foot or more. The plastic that they were using was not strong enough. That has been rectified. The Mobster tabs are stainless steel and if you can make them work I would use them.

They do not impead backing up at all.

The owner (John) is easily reached and will talk to anyone on the phone and answer any questions that you may have. You can tell him that you heard about them from "Ray from Oregon" and he will know who I am!!! Plus, customer service is next to none!!!

If you ride in a boat without them and then in the same boat with them you will be so impressed that you will not believe yourself!!!!
Old 04-05-09, 01:43 AM   #4
bingham

Send a message via Skype™ to bingham

and about how much would each run $ wise?
Old 04-05-09, 03:20 PM   #5
OrygunBasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingham View Post
and about how much would each run $ wise?
Around $150.00 a set!

If you are interested, call the number on the original post and ask for John and tell him what kind of a boat you have. You can even send him a picture of the back of your boat by Email and he will tell you which ones to get!

The biggest drawback is having to drill 8 holes in the back of your boat on each side. Total of 16!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.