Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-11, 05:12 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default WHEELER - final cabins, PLEASE READ!

I'm finalizing the cabin arrangements, so please note - I need ONE individual in the 2 BR cabin to IM me and take responsibility for changing the reservation DATES and transfer the reservation into your name. Your cabin mates will be responable to you for their share of the cabin rental.

I will send the cabin confirmation to the responsible individual who must call the Park @ 256-247-5461 and transfer the reservation into thier name. After April 15th I will call the Park to verify the confirmations have been changed and insure MY name is off the reservations for cabins other than the 3 BR for which I am the responsible person.

CABIN #1 (1 BR) 5/18 to 5/21 (4 nights) - John Seaver (2 people).
John, this is your ORIGINAL RESERVATION, you do not have to do anything else. I will be sending the cabin confirmation to you.

CABIN #2 (1 BR) 5/19 to 5/21 (3 nights) - Mrs. Dickerson (2 people).
Mrs. Dickerson will need to call the Park as described above - this cabin was originally booked for the entire week. Change the dates to what is needed and reserve under their own name. I will also need a mailing address to send the confirmation letter.

Cabin #3 (1 BR) 5/18 to 5/21 (4 nights) - Anthony (Bigbass144) (3 people).
Anthony, his father and Daniel (3 days). Anthony, you will need to call the Park and change the reservation which was ORIGINALLY made by Bryce (NFE) for the entire week. Be sure to change the name and dates on this reservation. I will need your mailing address to send the conformation letter in order for you to do that.

Cabin #4 (3 BR) 5/15 to 5/21 (7 nights) - Bruce (5 people).
This one is easy, it's mine (at least I'm holding the reservation). Cabin mates: Doc, Bryce, NFE's brother, and Keith will be joining for a few days. My cabin mates do not have to do anything else other than be responsible for their portion of the cabin rental (I prefer cash for your share of the cabin, please). BRYCE, I will confirm your original reservation for the 1 BR cabin, now assigned to ANTHONY, has been corrected when I call to confirm mine. I'll let you know the outcome.

Cabin #5 (2 BR) 5/18 to 5/21 (4 nights) - THIS ONE NEEDS CONFIRMED.
As of now, this 3 bed unit is slated for Billy (WTL), his father and Donald (nobass). for 4 nights. Billy - contact me ASAP to confirm YOUR plans and provide your address as I'd like you to take this reservation for your group. HOPEFULLY your dad is still planning on joining you.
If your dad is not comming I can move Daniel into this cabin as it has 3 beds, and leave Anthony and his father as originally requested with a cabin for two.

That's it guys. I've gone back over all my PM's and I think I have everyone in a cabin that has indicated they will be attending Wheeler and need overnight accomadations. I've done the matchups as best I could getting those with common dates in a cabin together.

I know I don't have to say this but I'm going to do it anyway. Everyone that indicated they will be comming - other than those holding the cabin reservation - you are on your honor as to showing up and paying your share of the cabin rental to the reservation holder. I do not have any doubts regarding my cabin reservation, if you are a cabin reservation holder and have concerns - you should discuss that with your individual cabin mates and resolve any issues prior to the event.

IF I HAVE MISSED ANYONE, PLEASE BRING IT TO MY ATTNETION A.S.A.P. SO I CAN CORRECT IT. Otherwise this is the final accomadation arrangements. ANYONE wishing to attend Wheeler after I mail out the confirmation letters April 1st (or earlier) THEY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING THEIR OWN CABIN ARRANGEMENTS.

THANK YOU, ALL.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 03-28-11 at 08:54 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 05:44 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

7 MORE WEEKS GANG!!!!!! CAN YA'LL DIG IT?!?!?! LORD have mercy.......i don't think i have EVER wanted to get there more than now.

thanks boogieman, i'll get a hold of the lady dickersons as soon as possible.
Old 03-28-11, 06:24 PM   #3
MississippiBoy

Sounds good, Bruce. I can't wait...7 weeks is gonna seem like 7 years.
Whatever I need to do as far as swapping cabins or whatever is fine. Just as a side note, I'll get there on Thursday the 19th, so that's 3 nights for me.
If I do wind up in Billy's cabin, we can disassemble his lower unit, then use Bama's boat to drag the Spook around the lake the next day...
Old 03-28-11, 07:32 PM   #4
keithdog

Thats sounds great Bruce. You've gone above and beyond making these arangements my friend. I want to publically say thankyuou for all your efforts. It's very much appreciated by all of us!!! I can't wait to meet all the guys in person.
Old 03-28-11, 08:27 PM   #5
bamabassman

alrighty gang. talked to the DICKERSON gals. everything is going smoothly so far.

and daniel. remind me to bring the LONG line for the SPOOK. think we need to add a trailer hook this time. lol!

and i too want to AGAIN thank you boogie, you have done an OUTSTANDING job my friend.

look for another thread concerning FOOD and so forth. not yet......but in the coming weeks.
Old 03-29-11, 09:02 AM   #6
nobass

same here thanks bruce for all you have done. be there the 18th four night/ can not wait to meat you ll and but faces to names
Old 03-30-11, 08:59 AM   #7
bassboogieman

'bama, your confirmation is in the mail as is the Dickerson's. Still waiting to hear from BB144 and WTL - I think I'll try calling him later today. I would like to get this all resolved ASAP.
Old 03-30-11, 09:39 AM   #8
MississippiBoy

Bruce, if you can't get in touch with BB or his dad, I can reserve our cabin on my card instead. I'd prefer them have it in their name since they're staying longer, but I'm more than willing to do it if I need to.
Old 03-30-11, 10:29 AM   #9
nofearengineer

Awesome job, Bruce.

I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm also looking forward to planning next year's event too. (I need psychiatric help LOL).
Old 03-30-11, 11:16 AM   #10
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post

Cabin #5 (2 BR) 5/18 to 5/21 (4 nights) - THIS ONE NEEDS CONFIRMED.
As of now, this 3 bed unit is slated for Billy (WTL), his father and Donald (nobass). for 4 nights. Billy - contact me ASAP to confirm YOUR plans and provide your address as I'd like you to take this reservation for your group. HOPEFULLY your dad is still planning on joining you.
If your dad is not comming I can move Daniel into this cabin as it has 3 beds, and leave Anthony and his father as originally requested with a cabin for two.

That's it guys. I've gone back over all my PM's and I think I have everyone in a cabin that has indicated they will be attending Wheeler and need overnight accomadations. I've done the matchups as best I could getting those with common dates in a cabin together.

I know I don't have to say this but I'm going to do it anyway. Everyone that indicated they will be comming - other than those holding the cabin reservation - you are on your honor as to showing up and paying your share of the cabin rental to the reservation holder. I do not have any doubts regarding my cabin reservation, if you are a cabin reservation holder and have concerns - you should discuss that with your individual cabin mates and resolve any issues prior to the event.

IF I HAVE MISSED ANYONE, PLEASE BRING IT TO MY ATTNETION A.S.A.P. SO I CAN CORRECT IT. Otherwise this is the final accomadation arrangements. ANYONE wishing to attend Wheeler after I mail out the confirmation letters April 1st (or earlier) THEY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING THEIR OWN CABIN ARRANGEMENTS.

THANK YOU, ALL.
Hi. My final plans are going to be the 19th-21st. I wish I could do the whole week, but I just found out I was scheduled for a Civil Procedure exam May 18th. They like to stick it to the 1st years.

I wont know about my father until the week of. He is not in strong health right now so he is wanting to call it the week of.

Perhaps you should move Daniel as my father is sorta up in the air, and if we end up with 4 guys, I can sleep on the floor - no big deal. I will be nightfishing a lot anyway, and there might be couches, I think they are with that particular model.

Moving Daniel will also allow us to split the cabins another way, let BB have their cabin for 2.

If I need to, I can book under my name for the 18th-21st. I've heard rumors of a big 1L party so I don't know if i can make it up there the 18th, do much fishing, or whatever. Nobass, if you can just PM me what you think, Daniel too. Thanks.
Old 03-30-11, 12:10 PM   #11
MississippiBoy

Sent you a PM, Billy...basically, I'm easy to please and will sleep wherever.
Old 03-30-11, 12:13 PM   #12
WTL

OK, if BB is ok with you staying at my cabin, then I'd prefer that so that me and Nobass dont possibly just split it 50/50 - this means either 33/33/33 if Dad doesnt come or 25/25/25/25 if he does.... I just wont know about Dad until that week.

I can go ahead and call as soon as I hear from nobass I suppose and finalized everything.
Old 03-30-11, 01:32 PM   #13
bassboogieman

Yet another change, I think I'm gonna scream. WTL is a 3 nighter now and will be sharing the 2 BR with Daniel and Donald 19th -21st. Donald is a 4 nighter so I can have him bunk with us in the BIG HOUSE the first night. WTL's dad is a possible, so there is room in Billy's cabin if he can make it. I hope this is finalized soon.................

I will send the cabin confirmation to the responsible individual who must call the Park @ 256-247-5461 and transfer the reservation into thier name. After April 15th I will call the Park to verify the confirmations have been changed and insure MY name is off the reservations for cabins other than the 3 BR for which I am the responsible person.

CABIN #1 (1 BR) 5/18 to 5/21 (4 nights) - John Seaver (2 people).
John, this is your ORIGINAL RESERVATION, you do not have to do anything else.
Confirmation letter sent

CABIN #2 (1 BR) 5/19 to 5/21 (3 nights) - Mrs. Dickerson (2 people).
Mrs. Dickerson will need to call the Park as described above - this cabin was originally booked for the entire week. Change the dates to what is needed and reserve under their own name.
Confirmaiton letter sent

Cabin #3 (1 BR) 5/18 to 5/21 (4 nights) - Anthony (Bigbass144) (2 people). Anthony and his father. Anthony, you will need to call the Park and change the reservation which was ORIGINALLY made by Bryce (NFE) for the entire week. Be sure to change the name and dates on this reservation. I will need your mailing address to send the conformation letter in order for you to do that.
Confirmatin letter sent

Cabin #4 (3 BR) 5/15 to 5/21 (7 nights) - Bruce (5 people).
This one is easy, it's mine (at least I'm holding the reservation). Cabin mates: Doc, Bryce, NFE's brother, and Keith will be joining for a few days. DONE DEAL My cabin mates do not have to do anything else other than be responsible for their portion of the cabin rental (I prefer cash for your share of the cabin, please). BRYCE, I will confirm your original reservation for the 1 BR cabin, now assigned to ANTHONY, has been corrected when I call to confirm mine. I'll let you know the outcome.

Cabin #5 (2 BR) 5/19 to 5/21 (3 nights) - Billy WTL (3 people)
Cabin mates: Donald (nobass) and Daniel (Mississippiboy). Billy - I need a mailing address to send you the confirmation letter in order for you to make changes to the date and name on the reservation.
Confirmation letter sent

THANK YOU, ALL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by bassboogieman; 03-30-11 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-30-11, 07:45 PM   #14
bamabassman

again bruce.......THANK YOU MAN!!! it'll all work out, this i can promise oyu. things seem hectic at first, but it always works out.

STOKED!!! PHISCED!!!(SPELLING?) AND READY TO GO!!!!!
Old 04-07-11, 10:20 AM   #15
MississippiBoy

6 weeks to go, people...everybody got their ducks in a row?
Old 04-07-11, 10:03 PM   #16
bamabassman

i am lining mine up NOW.
Old 04-08-11, 09:06 AM   #17
bassboogieman

Did everyone get their confirmation letters and call the Park? John, you were ok, but Anthony, Mrs. Dickerson and Billy did need to make the change...... updates please. I'll be checking with the Park next week, I've been extremely tied up all week with recent events (not good news, but that's about as far as I'll go at this time).

My trailer should be here next week, I installed the 'bird 798 at the bow yesterday, I wanted to get the big unit installed today but it's raining. May have to put that off until tomorrow.
Old 04-08-11, 09:24 AM   #18
nobass

bruce you have me down for the 19 instead of 18 i can change a come on 19th if it is easier
Old 04-08-11, 09:33 AM   #19
WTL

I'm calling the park today to get my name placed on the reservation. Had oral arguments this week so its been busy.
Old 04-08-11, 11:37 AM   #20
bassboogieman

Donald you can come the 18th or whenever suits YOU. Billy is comming a day later and with the date changes came some confusion on my part in getting the cabins full and matched as best I could. If you come the 18th you can bunk with us in the big unit, until the 2 BR opens up on the 19th, we have enough room, then move over with WTL. It's part of the "built in flexibility" - well it's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it - so there's no reason to delay your arrival at the Wheeler Gig.

Quote:
Had oral arguments this week so its been busy
So I can't leave this one get by, it's the best lead in I've had in weeks, so my appoligies to those I am about to offend.

So who won? The spitters or the swallowers?
Old 04-08-11, 12:35 PM   #21
nobass

hey you need not appoligies to me bruce i am just glad I am coming and appericater all the hard work you have done to get it work for us. again thanks much
Old 04-08-11, 09:47 PM   #22
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Donald you can come the 18th or whenever suits YOU. Billy is comming a day later and with the date changes came some confusion on my part in getting the cabins full and matched as best I could. If you come the 18th you can bunk with us in the big unit, until the 2 BR opens up on the 19th, we have enough room, then move over with WTL. It's part of the "built in flexibility" - well it's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it - so there's no reason to delay your arrival at the Wheeler Gig.

So I can't leave this one get by, it's the best lead in I've had in weeks, so my appoligies to those I am about to offend.

So who won? The spitters or the swallowers?
Trust me, its not the first joke we have had about it. Someone last week opened her argument by saying "may I please the court". The professor said "i dont think thats appropriate".

I might make it in on wendesday, but I'm gonna book for thursday. There is some play in there, i really doubt they will be sold out mid week anyway.

Oh yeah, I called the park today but the computer was frozen, so I am gonna try again tomorow.
Old 04-08-11, 10:09 PM   #23
bamabassman

i got my papers bruce. we are all set pal.

i'll get ahold of the ladies dickersons and see if they go theirs.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.