Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-12, 01:01 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default A salute to our members and Kevin.

With the new year just around the corner, I just wanted to say a couple things about the members here in forums. I've been around here a while now, and I feel the same now about our group of members that I felt after the first year I joined our family. And yes, I said family, because that is how I feel about those of you who belong to bassfishin.com. And I wish to express my appreciation to Kevin for starting this website so many years ago. The comraderie shown here is very special when compared to other websites. We share so many things, fishing, non fishing and private. We pray for each other when there is the need, we call each other on the phone, and offer help to other members in need. And we put up with all the BS we can throw at each other! I know I have grown very attached to many here and feel strongly about the friendships I have created here over the years. I still mourn the loss of some past members who are no longer with us. So to all of you, I want to wish you a great New Year and thankyou personally for for the friendship you have allowed me to enjoy with each and every one of you. Your all very special to me. God bless ya.
Old 12-30-12, 10:36 AM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

thank you i know this site as helped me through some tough times.
Old 12-30-12, 10:40 AM   #3
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Same to you KD-V. I have met a lot of good people since I joined and had the opportunity to personally fish and build friendships with some of the members. I am not on here or post like I used to because of family, work, fishing and building, but I stop by daily just to see what's going on. It would feel like something was missing if I didn't.
Old 12-30-12, 11:35 AM   #4
carolina-rig-01

I have been a member of the sight for quite a while too, and have seen a lot of members come and seen some go. I agree that we have a really cool member base on this sight. We don't always get along with everyone but for the most part it's a really tight knit group that can talk about a lot more than just fishing. I wish I was on here as often as I used to be but I just have been finding the time to post much, but like Bubba I am stopping in everyday to keep up with you all, even if I don't post.
Old 12-30-12, 01:55 PM   #5
bamabassman

brother keith, bubba, kory, don, mark, ron, adam, anthony, daniel, bryce, bruce, docirv, and so many more...no words can describe how i feel about each and every single one of you folks. oyu all know how much i dearly LOVE...YES LOVE ALL OF THEMEMBERS HERE.

i am not posting near as much as i used to, but i am here daily as well. most of the time since i am looking for work...i come on here jsut to escape the madness of the world. you folks, and the people runing this site, kevin and bryan and everyone else....i jsut can't find the words gang.....

all i can say is THANK YOU! i get very emotional when i think of how much i think of you folks here. so there.....

as ol ZOOKER would say.....NUFF SAID.
Old 12-30-12, 06:43 PM   #6
kennethdaysale

I haven't been here that long but have enjoyed the group (only have 3 names on my ignore list!) I would enjoy trying to get to one of the get-togethers. After awhile I've developed these mental pictures/impressions of what I imagine certain of yall are like. Chances are I'm way off with some of them, would be fun to find out.
Old 12-30-12, 06:53 PM   #7
bamabassman

NO KENNETH YO AIN'T OFF....we are alll off. hahahahaha!!! we ahve a lot of fun. at wheeler/wilson. i go tthere late sorta. went to bruce,doc, bryce and billys cabin right...jsut to say hey. doc and bruce are already in bed....don't know if they were sleeping togethr or not, don't wanna know, hahahaha. but i went to the door....BANGED ON IT LOUD AND SCREAMED. bryce was sitting on the couch watching tv and talkig to billy. i could read his lips....and i can't type what he was saying here. hahahaha, i laugh everytime i think aobut it...gets up and opens the door saying @#$%^ the #$%#@# ?!?!?! it was funny man. i go in and we chatted ofr a while. then i went and settled in our cabin. we had a great time kenneth. truly a great time.
Old 12-30-12, 07:00 PM   #8
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
NO KENNETH YO AIN'T OFF....we are alll off. hahahahaha!!! we ahve a lot of fun. at wheeler/wilson. i go tthere late sorta. went to bruce,doc, bryce and billys cabin right...jsut to say hey. doc and bruce are already in bed....don't know if they were sleeping togethr or not, don't wanna know, hahahaha. but i went to the door....BANGED ON IT LOUD AND SCREAMED. bryce was sitting on the couch watching tv and talkig to billy. i could read his lips....and i can't type what he was saying here. hahahaha, i laugh everytime i think aobut it...gets up and opens the door saying @#$%^ the #$%#@# ?!?!?! it was funny man. i go in and we chatted ofr a while. then i went and settled in our cabin. we had a great time kenneth. truly a great time.
I am laughing so hard here. I remember that like it was yesterday! hahahahaWe were cracking up cause we heard Bryce cussing us out before he even got to the door! hahaha You were really pounding on that door John. LMAO! Ahhhh, I have to get back to one of our gatherings soon!
Old 12-30-12, 08:43 PM   #9
bassboogieman

Well said Keith and I have to agree. "Talking" to people on a website is one thing, and I have to say MOST are great guys, a few others - not so, but you take the good and ignore the bad and go on your way. I will say that I have met several members, at Wheeler and Dale Hollow, and all have been a lot of fun to be around. Friendships have been forged both in person and in text through this website and I hope to meet a few others in years to come. HAPPY NEW YEAR, all!

And 'bama is telling tall stories - he didn't bang on the door, he snuck in a window, and sturck his hillbilly tongue in Bryce's ear. NFE cussin' a blue streak? Sure was, can ya blame him?
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 08:56 PM   #10
WTL

Ha, I have no idea what John is talking about....
Old 12-30-12, 09:11 PM   #11
bamabassman

i thought you were there billy....hahaha, it was 2 years ago though.
Old 12-30-12, 09:52 PM   #12
WTL

I seem to remeber it raining and watching part of Conan the destroyer on the tv cause it was the only thing we got.
Old 12-30-12, 10:34 PM   #13
Dave63
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Great post KD!
Old 12-30-12, 11:05 PM   #14
carolina-rig-01

One of the coolest things about this site is that you make friends from all over the country. However that is also a tough thing when it comes to the get togethers because it's impossible to find a location that is close enough to everyone that all the members can make it. Britney and I made the Kentucky Lake get together in 2009 and had a blast. We made some very good friends there and still talk about what a great trip it was. Unfortunatley all of the get togethers since that one have been far enough away that we haven't been able to attend. It's understandable why the locations for the get togethers are further east, because of the location of most of the attendees but I just wish it wouldn't be such a drive for us. However we have several great members from our part of the country and are getting more and more all the time. We have tried to have a get together on Grand Lake in Oklahoma a while back but mother nature reminded us all who is really in charge of these things and we had to cancel because the lake was flooded. If you are ever able to attend a get together, do it. I promise you it's a decision that you will never regret and you will make some great friends.

Anyone remember at the Kentuck Lake get together when that guy drove his little car off in the water? Zooker, JB, Britney, and I all drove down there to pull him out. With God as my witness when we pulled the car out of the lake there was a good sized bluegill stuck between the bumper and grill on the car. I don't know if I have ever laughed that hard since that day.
Old 12-30-12, 11:28 PM   #15
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
One of the coolest things about this site is that you make friends from all over the country. However that is also a tough thing when it comes to the get togethers because it's impossible to find a location that is close enough to everyone that all the members can make it. Britney and I made the Kentucky Lake get together in 2009 and had a blast. We made some very good friends there and still talk about what a great trip it was. Unfortunatley all of the get togethers since that one have been far enough away that we haven't been able to attend. It's understandable why the locations for the get togethers are further east, because of the location of most of the attendees but I just wish it wouldn't be such a drive for us. However we have several great members from our part of the country and are getting more and more all the time. We have tried to have a get together on Grand Lake in Oklahoma a while back but mother nature reminded us all who is really in charge of these things and we had to cancel because the lake was flooded. If you are ever able to attend a get together, do it. I promise you it's a decision that you will never regret and you will make some great friends.

Anyone remember at the Kentuck Lake get together when that guy drove his little car off in the water? Zooker, JB, Britney, and I all drove down there to pull him out. With God as my witness when we pulled the car out of the lake there was a good sized bluegill stuck between the bumper and grill on the car. I don't know if I have ever laughed that hard since that day.
It was a Pirus I think and it was S4ils Dad. And yes a bluegill was caught.
Old 12-30-12, 11:47 PM   #16
nofearengineer

It was a Toyota Yaris (maybe the smallest car I've ever seen). I still chuckle when I remember the photoshop JB did of it in fire tiger. Anyone still have that pic?!~?!
Old 12-31-12, 02:12 AM   #17
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
It was a Toyota Yaris (maybe the smallest car I've ever seen). I still chuckle when I remember the photoshop JB did of it in fire tiger. Anyone still have that pic?!~?!
You mean this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yaris2.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	8430  
Old 12-31-12, 03:10 AM   #18
WallStreetAmigo
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Haha that's awesome!
Old 12-31-12, 05:51 AM   #19
bcklash

That"s it!!!!!!
Old 12-31-12, 09:59 AM   #20
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Well said KD! There is a good base of members here and I enjoy reading what everyone has to say!

Thanks everyone for helping me get back into this great sport and the support you all have provided me through my trials and tribulations. I haven't met anyone from the site, but I hope to one day and fish with them!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 11:37 AM   #21
bamabassman

oh my goodness kory and bryce and ron...THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING AT KENTUCKY. WE HAD sooooo much fun. I STILL LAUGH ABOUT THAT EVENT. IT WAS AWESUM! WHAT ABOUT KEVIN GETTING LOCKED OUT OF his own cabin!! HAD to break into it. luckly there was a window left unlocked. someone has pics of him crawling in the window. that event was murphy's law...if it coudl go wrong...it did. BUT we all had fun with it.

woody falling in the water and losing his phone and camera, anthony and jeff had to replace their trolling moter as did mark i think. man.....what an event. but it was FUN!!! EVERYONE chipped in and helped each other as best we could too. we laughed and laughed! man that was a fun time.

oh yeah, bryce came in later....and we all missed him falling at the ramp. he told us about it though. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! MAN I WISH WE COULD DO IT AGIAN GANG.

maybe one year we can. meet up at kentucky again.get as many as we can to go there.
Old 12-31-12, 11:57 AM   #22
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
oh my goodness kory and bryce and ron...THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING AT KENTUCKY. WE HAD sooooo much fun. I STILL LAUGH ABOUT THAT EVENT. IT WAS AWESUM! WHAT ABOUT KEVIN GETTING LOCKED OUT OF his own cabin!! HAD to break into it. luckly there was a window left unlocked. someone has pics of him crawling in the window. that event was murphy's law...if it coudl go wrong...it did. BUT we all had fun with it.

woody falling in the water and losing his phone and camera, anthony and jeff had to replace their trolling moter as did mark i think. man.....what an event. but it was FUN!!! EVERYONE chipped in and helped each other as best we could too. we laughed and laughed! man that was a fun time.

oh yeah, bryce came in later....and we all missed him falling at the ramp. he told us about it though. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! MAN I WISH WE COULD DO IT AGIAN GANG.

maybe one year we can. meet up at kentucky again.get as many as we can to go there.
I didn't hear about Bryce falling at the ramp. But I do remember him having some issues getting his boat started............Always check the kill switch Bryce hahahaha!!!

Don't forget about Kevin having a ton of bugs in his room too because of the open window.

Louann (Mississippiboys's wife) having to go to the ER to get a hook removed from her foot.

WTL and his dog riding in the boat and looking like a Norman Rockwell painting.

What about when bamabassman, Mississippiboy, and I went out fishing that evening and John spent most of the trip picking out a backlash? Haha! And then when the snake tried to climb in my boat while we were out in the middle of the lake? I have no idea how far that snake swam but it was obvious that he was tired and thought that he was gonna get some rest on my boat.....then I raised the trolling motor up and tried to cut him into pieces with it. It didn't work but I can still hear bama yelling "CUT HIM!! CUT HIM UP!!!"
Old 12-31-12, 12:58 PM   #23
keithdog

That gathering at KY sounds like it was a great one! Wish I'd been there. I remember at the Wheeler get together, John was loading his boat back onto his trailer at the lauch at Joe Wheeler State Park, when we all heard a loud splash next to the pier. And popping up from the water was Zookers mom, soaking wet and fully dressed. HAHAHA She felt like taking a swim and by golly, she did too!
Old 12-31-12, 01:51 PM   #24
66KingFisher

I know I don't offer alot of knowledgeable fishing input, but I do enjoy being a part of this group, and I look forward to one day being able to attend one of these get-ta-gethers. May we all catch a new personal best in 2013.
Old 01-01-13, 12:10 AM   #25
bamabassman

I totatly FORGOT ABOUT THE SNAKE KORY. HAHAHAHAHA!!! oh man...we have had so much fun a these events. ma dickerson taking a swim was something too. that water was a little cold too. hahahaha!!! i was so proud when she caught her FIRST bass. on ZOOKERS set up and my lure. it was awesum...... i almost ..ok, i DID cry a little bit.

louann is a TRUE trooper. she had a NICE bass when she got hooked. daniel was crawling all over the boat trying to get the hook out, louann saying "don't worry aobut my foot, get this fish in !!!" it was funny. she went and had the hook removed and right back out in the boat. TRUE SOUTHERN TROOPER RIGHT THERE.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.