Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-09, 08:43 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Any Kistler users out there ?

Anyone got Kistlers besides me ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 09:48 PM   #2
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I use them.I just picked up a couple year old helium lth for 20 buck and a nice fairy wand for the same.I love the rods,even the first ones in 2000 i think but fish them all the time with no problems other than me stepping on them.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 10:28 PM   #3
CMorg

Where did you find them for 20 bucks ?
Old 11-13-09, 11:30 PM   #4
bassboogieman

Kistler's are all I use. I have 18, mostly LTA's, with a few of the new Argon rods. I prefer the 2008 and earlier LTA rods with the fast action and full handle. If you're interested in the '09 LTA or Argon send me a PM, I have a contact that can save you about 40% for new w/tags '09 rods - although selection is becomming more limited as Kistler's production is over for '09 and they're getting a little harder to find. The 2010 rods will be available most likely beginning in January. Simmons Sporting Goods also has some decent deals on '09 LTA's and a couple hard to find Magnesium rods. Their price for the Argon is retail list, and you can do much better.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 05:30 AM   #5
Basscrazie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
Where did you find them for 20 bucks ?
A garage sell.I oicked up 2 for 40 and these are really nice compared to my 10 yr ols ones but i still like my old ones for the right purpose..I have got the older m cranking rod that is hard to find.i LIVE 12 MILES FROM THE kISTLER facility so its real easy for me to get repairs.
Old 11-15-09, 01:59 AM   #6
bcklash

I use a Kistler Carbon Steel for cranbaits and love it.

The Bassinbandit uses a Kistler for cranking to but I don't remember which one.
Old 11-15-09, 02:07 AM   #7
bassinbob

I have a couple of LTA's and really like them. Does anyone know if Kistler would make someone a custom rod?
Old 11-15-09, 10:57 AM   #8
bassboogieman

Kistler will "customize" a rod to you preferences starting in 2010. You can select handle guides and blanks, but the additional cost would not make the option attractive to me. From what I've read, Kistler will start with list price for the rod line selected and charges for each change. That runs the price of the rod up substantially. A true custom rod builder would start from scratch and build you a complete rod, based upon the components chosen and the labor to assemble the rod.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 12:42 PM   #9
flippin4it

Kistler is all I use. I have 5 LTA's,1 LTX, and 5 Graphite Plus rods. Love them all and would'nt even think about another rod. I do not care for the newer split grips. But that is all a matter of preference. The 7ft med/hvy LTX and 7ft med/hvy LTA's are wicked. I had a 7'8 Magnesium All Day flippin stick which I loved, but it got thrown from the boat when I hit a stump at speed. I too was ejected.
Old 11-24-09, 03:05 PM   #10
dave

I have a couple of Graphite Plus from the old "made in the USA" days. I have owned a bunch more. I have owned them when the called them California Series.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 04:20 PM   #11
Bender

I have one, a 6'3" Dock Skipping Special. It is the least sensitive rod I own. The rod is great for skipping, but you can't tell if a fish is on until you see the line move. I let a friend borrow it and he had the same opinion. I see that the new version of this rod has a completely different reel seat which should take care of the problem. It also looks like the new version has Fuji guides where I think mine has old Pacbays.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 05:32 PM   #12
CMorg

Bender I noticed that with the Magnesium rod I bought as well. It is fairly light , but the sensitivity isnt great. Its a M/H 6'6 I believe , I would have to go check to be sure. At any rate , I caught a few fish , but only because I felt " mush " at the end of the line , using flourocarbon and a senko. Set the hook , and i thought I had a whale on there , the rod is almost parabolic or something , it was barely a keeper.
Old 11-25-09, 12:18 AM   #13
Basscrazie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
Bender I noticed that with the Magnesium rod I bought as well. It is fairly light , but the sensitivity isnt great. Its a M/H 6'6 I believe , I would have to go check to be sure. At any rate , I caught a few fish , but only because I felt " mush " at the end of the line , using flourocarbon and a senko. Set the hook , and i thought I had a whale on there , the rod is almost parabolic or something , it was barely a keeper.
I have an older 7' med cranking rod that is a reel soft rod that can give you that impression but you can feel the fish chasing a smaller crank.I love that rod for small and lipless cranks..
Old 11-25-09, 12:21 AM   #14
Basscrazie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I use a Kistler Carbon Steel for cranbaits and love it.

The Bassinbandit uses a Kistler for cranking to but I don't remember which one.
I have a carbon steel spinning i use for skipping docks and it has no feel in my opinion but will get the fish out on small tackle..6'9 length and skips great.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.