Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-09, 01:23 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Justified felinicide

While I am not cat hater, I feel that I am justified to kill my wife's new kitten.

I had one of those "damn" backlashes this weekend. I was throwing a softbodies swimbait that snapped off at the start of the cast. Well, the spool did not seem to care that there was no longer any bait on the end and spun like crazy. Once I got the reel (citica) home, I decided that removing the spool was the way to go. Since I had the spool out anyways, I figured that this was a good excuse to take the reel apart and do some general cleaning.

I placed a white t-shirt on the table and began the process of removing each part and setting them on the table in the order that I removed them. Then I cleaned each part with some simple green, rinsed them and put them back on the shirt to dry. I went out to the garage to grab the oil and grease when the cat made it's move.
I came back in the house to see that the shirt was no longer on the table and that each piece was now scattered to the winds.

I will say that I was able to find almost all of the parts. I was short two screws and one of the small drag washers. I am sure I have screws that will fit and have a couple of older reels that I will be pulling parts from to resolve the issue tonight.

I think I am justified to kill that darn cat!
Old 07-06-09, 01:41 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yeah i hate cats in the first place but that cat would die after doing that if it were me. but since it's your wifes then killing it would probably be a bad move. sorry about the reel and hope you get it back together again.
Old 07-06-09, 02:26 PM   #3
nofearengineer

Awwww....just think how cute that kitty looked when it was batting your washer all around the floor....
Old 07-06-09, 03:47 PM   #4
WTL

Didn't you slash the throat of a cat late last year with a crankbait?

I think you should have taken pictures and left them in fluffies bed, as a friendly but stout "warning" of what happens if you get in the way.
Old 07-06-09, 04:22 PM   #5
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I more impaled it through the neck, but the results are the same.
I figure my best chance at revenge involves leaving the backdoor open. I am pretty sure that the owl behind my house would take care of the issue rather quickly
Old 07-06-09, 04:29 PM   #6
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
I more impaled it through the neck, but the results are the same.
I figure my best chance at revenge involves leaving the backdoor open. I am pretty sure that the owl behind my house would take care of the issue rather quickly
As I recalled, you said you slashed the throat and then drank its blood, then smeared it on neighboring cars as a warning to anyone who takes exception to you fishing that particular pond. You then impaled the cats decapitated head on the end of the rod and continued fishing in silence as if nothing happened.

But maybe that was just what Chuck Norris would do.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.