Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-09, 12:12 PM   #1
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default A one man boat, also cool video

Capt. Ken Daubert in this video on your tube is fishing from a small one man boat of some kind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXRFy1NxYn4

Fishing alone most of the time, this looks likes something I would like. I watched several of his videos, he never shows the whole boat.

Anyone know what it is called, and where I can buy one? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
bassFishingWNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 12:48 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Looks like he's in some kind of a kayak. Probably a two-man, with the camera tripod set up in the second seat. Here's some basic info a quick Google search found for me.

http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/...ing_Kayak.html

It is a good way for one person to fish smaller bodies of water. A kayak that size can probably be handled by one man. Just load it up in the bed of a truck, strap it down, and head out.
Old 06-25-09, 01:05 PM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I used to marvel at the guys who would take kayaks out to the offshore kelp beds around Dana Point in Southern California. I'd be stuck on the party boat, getting my line tangled twice a day with every idiot who paid his 60 bucks to come fishing. These guys were maybe a little more likely to get munched on by a Great White than I was, but it looked like they were having a blast. They caught a lot more Sand Bass than we did too.
Old 06-25-09, 01:26 PM   #4
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I used to marvel at the guys who would take kayaks out to the offshore kelp beds around Dana Point in Southern California. I'd be stuck on the party boat, getting my line tangled twice a day with every idiot who paid his 60 bucks to come fishing. These guys were maybe a little more likely to get munched on by a Great White than I was, but it looked like they were having a blast. They caught a lot more Sand Bass than we did too.
It's off topic, but I went out of Massachusetts, Cod fishing. About 5 miles out. One person said "look over the side, I have one on", Yep, tossed my cookies! My brouther seen me do it, and he tossed his. Both sick for the whole day, he laughed his butt off.
Fishing wasn't that great, got lots of fish, but it was like pulling a old tire off the bottom, no fight at all, and sick all day!
And Great white in Southern California? I though they liked cold water?
bassFishingWNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 01:39 PM   #5
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassFishingWNY View Post
It's off topic, but I went out of Massachusetts, Cod fishing. About 5 miles out. One person said "look over the side, I have one on", Yep, tossed my cookies! My brouther seen me do it, and he tossed his. Both sick for the whole day, he laughed his butt off.
Fishing wasn't that great, got lots of fish, but it was like pulling a old tire off the bottom, no fight at all, and sick all day!
And Great white in Southern California? I though they liked cold water?
There you go thinking again. joking of course.

They like it in the middle as far as temps go, (going by what I've read of them), but you can find them at times anywhere between Alaska and south Austrailia. South Cal waters would be perfect for them, especially if there's seals to feed on.
Old 06-25-09, 03:06 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

check outhte Hobie Mirage things like on Hank Parker's show. They look nice for a 1 man boat.

BB
Old 06-25-09, 03:22 PM   #7
Bassboss

I love this guys videos! But ya, he's in a two man kayak with a tri pod on the back... I'd really like to set up a tri pod if I ever get a kayak or john boat!
Old 06-26-09, 07:41 PM   #8
bassinbob

I'm too big for a kayak but love those frogs. Gotta get some.
Old 07-13-09, 06:13 PM   #9
jacksonrh64
BassFishin.Com Member

Here is what we fish and duck hunt out of here in Louisiana, Bobcat Boats Pirogue, many models and lengths available in a paddle only version, up to 12-24 built in electric troll in the rear, or a front mounted raise and lower troll motor like on a bass boat motor, very shallow sraft and can be equipped with livewell, running lights, fishfinder, and many more options. Very stable, you can fall out of it but you can't turn it over. I run mine standing up while fishing and only sit down when traveling for long distances. I have the BII model, a 14 foot model which I transport on a trailer. I fish Toledo Bend in it and go from one side to the other with out worring about getting back. You can fish all day on a charge.

http://www.bobcatboats.com/index.html
jacksonrh64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.