Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-10, 12:21 PM   #1
syd
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Black Lights

I have decided that if you want to catch quality bass in the summer you have to fish at night. I have looked in Bass Pro shop at the fishing lights they have for night fishing for your boat. I am leaning toward one that is rechargeable. That being said would appreciate any feedback on opinions on the light products available.
Thanks for any input.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 01:12 PM   #2
bassfisher

I'd say a rechargeable one wouldn't be very bright. (Never used one)
Now what I have done is install two cigarette lighters adaptors in my boat. (One under the driver seat and one under the passenger seat in the Avalanche, and on the Magna, one on the dash) I started out useing the Sloan brand blacklight, and a white light, they are florescence tubes. It's bright enough to fish with, and still see the bank you are casting too. Now I'm useing the Moonlite full moon blacklight and white light, which they are LED lights. Man you talking about a night and day differents, the moonlite brand is that good, you DON'T want to look into the light, that's for sure, and it tells you that in the instruction, it even goes as far as to say, don't expose it to others that might pass by close either. They are about the same price also around 100 for the Sloan (blacklight only) or the moonlite (halfmoon), and about 150 if you want the both of the lights. (Blacklight and the white light either brand) SO I'd go with the moonlite hands down!! Now there might be others out there, but I have not used them.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 04:28 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Which ever light you go with, do yourself a favor and go with one that has LED lights. They are super bright and won't attract near as many bugs as other lights. I have a few different blacklights and my LED lights are by far my favorite.

However, you don't have to fish at night to catch quality fish. True it is a great way to catch good fish because of the low light conditions and it is also a lot more comfortable for you to be on the water. However you can still catch good fish in the heat of the hottest days. Just do a lot of work with maps and electronics and you can find the fish. Points that run along channels or drop off into channels are great places to seak out, so are humps and ledges. Jigs, carolina rigs, and deep diving crankbaits are all great ways to get to these fish.
Old 06-22-10, 03:04 PM   #4
syd

Default Black lights

Thanks for the feedback. The rechargeable one doesn't sound that good now. Plus the LEd lights sounds defintely the way to go.
Thanks for the fishing tips also. I think i remember your mom was Linda Colt. She was a really great lady and helped me a lot. As for the learning the electronics that is a work in progress. I got the Mr. Lowrance or whatever he calls himself videos for Christmas. Biggest waste of money ever. Learned absolutely from them.
Thanks again
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 03:44 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
Thanks for the feedback. The rechargeable one doesn't sound that good now. Plus the LEd lights sounds defintely the way to go.
Thanks for the fishing tips also. I think i remember your mom was Linda Colt. She was a really great lady and helped me a lot. As for the learning the electronics that is a work in progress. I got the Mr. Lowrance or whatever he calls himself videos for Christmas. Biggest waste of money ever. Learned absolutely from them.
Thanks again
No problem man.

Linda isn't my mom, she was just the lady that I recommended to everyone who had Lowrance problems. She is a great lady and was a helluva worker. Lowrance really screwed the pooch when they cut her loose.
Old 06-24-10, 08:35 PM   #6
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I fish for LGMouth 2 or 3 nights a week and have never used a light. I avoid any lights as they will destroy your night vision. Also they attrack bugs. I have even placed electric tape over my trolling motor light so it will not affect my vision.

There are times to use a black light..catfishin I have several black lights that I rig to face away from the cockpit of the boat. But I only turn them on when a fish is on..

I did see one of the best catfish rigs I have ever seen this year. It had LED bar mounted on the rod bar to light the lines. And two more strips mounted at the rub rail facing back on the water. They are made for fishing and no light faces the cockpit area..

They where called bluewaterled and they lit up the entire parking lot when pulled his boat..

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.