Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-09, 02:03 PM   #1
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Blooper Bass

I went out saturday morning for the 10th trip (9 trips in a row of completely skunked)......i went to an area where ive caught bass before..full of really thick reeds and rocks....the water was pretty shallow and the sun was coming up......after cutting off a rooster tail,i tied on a 3/0 hook with a purple u-tale,t-rigged.
on the second cast,the wind picked up and blew the worm about three feet deep into the reeds....great....it got wrapped around and locked up tight...i pulled and jerk...nothing....i was about to cut the line when i gave one last tug and snapped the reed and released the worm....i gave the reel one or two revolutions and it snagged up again tight......i put my head down in frustration....only to look up and see my line going all over the place....im like ''you gotta be kidding me''.....i watched in shock for about 4 seconds,when the voice in my head starts screaming ''SET THE HOOK IDIOT''..so did
he fought like a 6lber i swear,i even thought he was gonna snap the line on my 14lb trilene xt.......when i finally got him in,i didnt care about the size...it just felt good hittting a fish after so many skunked trips....i need to buy a scale really bad....but ill give him the 2lber range,lol
it just extremely weird how he hit the bait after all the thrashng i did to get the worm free
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blopper.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	4132  
Old 08-25-09, 02:45 PM   #2
Fishnngolfn

Nice fish. Got to love the surprises.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 02:56 PM   #3
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Awesome! Maybe closer to 3lbs. Nice one!
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 02:56 PM   #4
cassidyta

I posted a while back about having my lure hit while it was snagged on a reed. I think a lot of the excitement comes from trying to figure out how in the world to get the fish out of the junk you are stuck in.
Old 08-25-09, 03:08 PM   #5
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Nice fish, and awesome story. I'd say 2.5 lbs.

BB
Old 08-25-09, 03:18 PM   #6
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
I posted a while back about having my lure hit while it was snagged on a reed. I think a lot of the excitement comes from trying to figure out how in the world to get the fish out of the junk you are stuck in.
i was lucky enough that when he hit it ,he came straight out of the reeds....just a tough fish to fight for some reason.....I think i was just rusty and the whole thing was unexpected.

but definitely exciting none the less.
Old 08-25-09, 03:24 PM   #7
WaffleJaw

sac & bigbassin- Im gonna get a digi scale this pay period....i guess i give my fish too little credit...the last 3 ''bigger'' fish that ive caught,people tell me thier bigger than i say.....hahaha,which is rare in ther fishing world.......i will never wear a pink hoodie
Old 08-25-09, 03:30 PM   #8
DonaldBreland

Heck man why dont you just get a pink hoodie and say he is 8 lbs lol. Just kidding. nice fish and I think you got the weight about right. I say 2.5lbs as well
Old 08-25-09, 04:02 PM   #9
nofearengineer

Great story! Glad you managed to get the smell of skunk off of ya.

Why were you surprised about the commotion not scaring him away? Bass are inquisitive to noises like that...why do you think they smack buzzbaits? It's the "knocking" on the bottom of our boats and heavy footsteps that scares them. These are low-frequency sounds that take a lot of power; i.e. a bigger animal, and thus dangerous, to produce.

Intermittent, erratic, and "splashy" noises are what they like.
Old 08-25-09, 04:05 PM   #10
Bucket
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah that "pink hoodie" story is ridiculous. Don't know how he can sleep at night spreading that mess around.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 04:15 PM   #11
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Great story! Glad you managed to get the smell of skunk off of ya.

Why were you surprised about the commotion not scaring him away? Bass are inquisitive to noises like that...why do you think they smack buzzbaits? It's the "knocking" on the bottom of our boats and heavy footsteps that scares them. These are low-frequency sounds that take a lot of power; i.e. a bigger animal, and thus dangerous, to produce.

Intermittent, erratic, and "splashy" noises are what they like.

it got hung up high on the reed...so with every pull...the reed was slapping the water hard like it had been bad,lol...and it was hitting and throwing around the floating reeds around it...i know bass dont care too much about noises,and splashes...but this situation seemed a little more chaotic ...just surprising to me........i guess i underestimate bass....once again
Old 08-25-09, 04:55 PM   #12
Backwater Charlie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

At least someone's catching bass! Last trip I got skunked, I threw everything in my t-box, the trip before that, I only caught a 9 incher! LMAO!
Old 08-25-09, 05:02 PM   #13
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

No more skunk stench? As Little Nicky said "You got a nice smell coming off of you". Congrats man! I like the looks of the water you're fishing.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.