Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-08, 04:04 PM   #1
UKbassman
BassFishin.Com Member

Default College Team needs sponsors

Im on the University of Kentucky bass fishing team and am looking for some sponsors for the team. Does anybody have any info for me on what I should do.
UKbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 04:59 PM   #2
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

google.com
also look into putting together some sort of local tourney where the benefits go to charity, contact manufacturers prior to tournament, will raise awareness to teh program possibly attracting sponsorships.
Old 10-03-08, 05:35 PM   #3
UKbassman
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks for the advice
Old 10-05-08, 02:07 PM   #4
cullin8s
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I would try contacting some of the other colliegate teams and find out how they did it, as well as how they raise money other than sponsorships as well. Good luck
Old 10-05-08, 05:10 PM   #5
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

here in nc we have several teams..

i am looking for the link to several right now..

think there is one in this..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am excited to announce that I have created a new forum category for NC Collegiate Anglers and will provide a forum for each NC University or College that has a fishing program/team.

I want to welcome our first NC Collegiate Angler members from NC State University's BassPack!

The BassPack won the first National BoatUS Collegiate Bass Angler champsionship last year. You can read about the win last year here: http://www.ncangler.com/forums/f46/n...onal-1958.html

Each school will have their own forums under the NC Collegiate Anglers category along with their categories in our Fishing Photos section. Our NC Collegiate Anglers will be posting tournament event information and fishing reports as they have time and I hope we will all support them and attend any events that we can.

I hope these collegiate anglers will benefit from being a part of our North Carolina Angler Fishing community and I know we can learn a lot from them. So make them welcome and GO PACK!

i would get ahold of one of the unc basspack guys. these guys are not only good anglers but are always looking to help other collages start up there own programs..
Old 10-08-08, 06:21 PM   #6
UKbassman
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the help guys if you all might know anybody that has their own companies that might want to sponsor our team let me know.
Old 10-08-08, 06:33 PM   #7
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i can't give you a go ahead on a sponsership but i will ask..

zooker
Old 10-09-08, 09:34 AM   #8
Nitro911
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Start with the obvious...where did you buy your boat? Where do you buy your tackle? Do you have a local insurance agent for your boat/truck insurance? Could you negotiate sponsorship with them if the whole team switched policies to them?

Restaurants, service companies (HVAC, plumbing, electrical), car dealerships...the list is endless. The thing you must do is show them how sponsoring you will benefit THEM. Send them to the CBC website ( http://www.collegiatebasschampionship.com/index.shtml ) and see if that kind of national television exposure would interest them. Then tell them how you intend to make them a part of it.

Don't wear your fishing clothes when you go to talk to these people. This is NOT about fishing, it is about business. Go in dressed appropriate for the business (no less than slacks/shirt). Show them that you can represent their company in a professional manner. Tell them a little about yourself, your team, and ask if they would be interested in exploring marketing to the college market (they are...trust me).

Have some ideas for them...would they like some kind of direct response marketing? Coupons that will bring customers into their doors to use them? Is exposure marketing going to be enough for them? Will they supply banners for your team to use?

Another idea is to sell spots on a boat wrap. The spot will be good for one year. A wrap will run about $2000-2500, so you will need to sell at least a $1000 more than that (or whatever figure you determine). Obviously the larger spots go for the most money. Figure out how many miles that you pull your boat in a year and about how many cars are on those routes on a given day.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.