Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-06, 12:46 PM   #1
bassbooger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Yo-Yo kind of day

Well, Got up Saturday morning about 4:30 to meet my buddy at the lake. He called the night before asking me to bring my battery because his charger is on the fritz and he wasn't sure he was getting a charge. Got out the truck, put my battery in the back. Thought it was secure enough to hold and then laid my rods in the truck (you can see where this is going, huh?) Well, the first turn I make out of my driveway send the battery sliding across the bed of my truck breaking all 3 of my rods into pieces. 2 of them were broke in half, while the other one only got broken on the tip. I turned around went to my boat and grabbed 3 more rods, did some switching and took off. This time with the battery in the floorboard of my truck so it didn't do any damage. I was cussing the entire trip to the ramp. I started telling myself that I wasn't going to let it get to me. Got to the ramp, launched off with no problem. My buddy stopped right outside of a feeder creek, right as I was dropping the trolling motor I noticed that we were right outside of a point and remembered what Zooker had posted last week about points. I told my buddy that there should be a bass somewhere on that point feeding. He casted a few times waiting for me to get the trolling motor situated and start going and he didn't get a thing. I finally got situated, cast out a white buzz bait and BAM!!!! First cast had what I am estimating to be a good 3 pounder. I measured him and was 17.5 inches with a 12 inch girth on him (didn't have a scale). Took a couple pictures and let him back in. Trolled on into the creek a little bit, started covering both sides. Caught another one not 10 minutes later that was only 13 inches long, weighed maybe 1.5 pounds, not sure though. I thought that it was looking like a really good day, but that was it. Didn't catch anything after that. We did however, get a bunch of hits, but was missing everyone of them. Just like they were coming up just to tease us. Maybe I was reeling too fast for them. Not sure.

Decided to call it a day and, as usual I grabbed my buddies keys to back his truck down the ramp. Well, jumped from the boat to the ramp, the ramp tilted over, I lost my balance and SPLASH!!! Right into the darn river channel. Had my cell phone and a 300 dollar digital camera in my pocket. My phone seems to be working fine, but the camera isn't dried out yet, so I don't know if that is going to work or not. Needless to say, the wife was pretty pissed because it was her camera that went in the drink.

I will post the pics of what I caught as soon as the camera dries, or when I can get somewhere to pull the pics off the memory card.
Old 09-11-06, 01:01 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

MAN , sorry to hear about yer bad luck, at least ya got to fish!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-06, 01:45 PM   #3
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Ive Had A Couple Bad Days Like That. One Night I Was Bank Fishing. I Lost Two Brand New Lucky Craft Cranks. Got A Jig Tight And Gave A Big Rip To Free It (power Pro) My Rod Broke Came Back And Hit Me In The Nose Making It Bleed. And Lost That New Jig. Ended Up Loosing Two More Rattle Traps And Another Jig Before The Night Was Over.
Old 09-11-06, 02:33 PM   #4
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The fish coming up to "tease" you were most likely bream.
We all have days like this.
Old 09-11-06, 03:16 PM   #5
bassbooger

No, it wasn't bream. Bream don't blow up the top of the water like this. It was definitely bass. We even had trailer hooks on. I have read somewhere that bass will come up and just bump baits without taking them. Maybe the place I read that was written by someone who didn't know what they were talking about, but I'm believing that is what they were doing.
Old 09-11-06, 07:24 PM   #6
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

WOW, another one of those days. Seems like a lot of us have had them this year LOL.

Lizards
Old 09-11-06, 07:52 PM   #7
crankybait

haha, if i ever catch a LMB I'd be so surprised i'd end up jumping in.
Old 09-11-06, 09:16 PM   #8
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait View Post
haha, if i ever catch a LMB I'd be so surprised i'd end up jumping in.
come on down to florida, the gators will chase ya right back out, lol.
Old 09-12-06, 11:01 AM   #9
Fish2win

I would blame everything on the third guy in the boat. I think his name was Murphy. Fish2win
Old 09-12-06, 09:48 PM   #10
wareagle_fb5308
BassFishin.Com Member

lol rodman thats funny right there!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.