Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-10, 11:20 PM   #1
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Gas Tank Size?

I just bought a 97 hydrasport ls205 bass boat, 20 ft. with a 200 on the back. I have to mix the oil and I dont know how big my gas tank is. Does anyone else have an idea? Thanks
Old 03-07-10, 08:50 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

No but seldom does one have all the tank used up,so its just important to add oil to what gas you are actually adding ,like 6 gal 1/2 quart or 12 gal 1 quart.As you pump gas if near full each time add oil to it as you each say 6 or 12 gal,other wise you will need to put several quarts of oil in and have a full tank.
If for some reason you do fill it and have added oil previously,just squeeze the squeeze bulb,that is about 1/2 quart.
So if say 1/4 of a tank to 1/2 then use the 6 gal mix method,if over use the 12.
Most likly being a 20 ft boat its 30 gal at a min ,many are 40 and some even 50.
Yes its expensive to fill one,but one seldom runs out 40 gal of gas,,even with an older rig thats about 140 -150 miles of running.WOT less about 120-125.
I have two boats both manual mix both 200 hp one evinrude xp and one johnson venom,both use less than 12 -16 gal normally per trip.Going say 20-30 miles each way on ky lake,in fairly rough water.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 09:47 AM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Lilmule is right. I don't mix oil, but I add Quicklean to my fuel. It's more like 1oz. per 6 gallons, so when I fuel up, I always add some multiple of 6 gallons and then use my graduated cylinder to add the right number of ounces of Quicklean.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.