Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-06, 03:53 PM   #1
FishySkater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to FishySkater
Wink New Tackle Box

I just bought another Tackle Box becausesomeone stole my other one. I plan to find out who but thats not why i posted this. i posted this to ask what i should get. I figured i would get alot of peoples opinions before i did anything see if they said anything that made alot of sense. I have a Zebco open reel rod with 30 pound test spider wire super braid on it. ( Tired of losing the big one on ****ty line.) And i have a few more poles but that is the one that i use the most. I mostly fish in ponds although lately i havent been having much luck with one in particular. I also go creek fishing alot for smallmouth. Next weekend My friend and his Dad and I are all going down to the Ohio river and were going Catfishing. So you can seei fish for more than just bass but i prefer bass over everything else. I just wanted to get other peoples opinions on what i should get as in what colors brands and everything like that.
Old 07-17-06, 05:12 PM   #2
bassking22
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

For smallmouth, get crawdad pattern crankbaits (they love crawdads)and a tiny torp and get some rapalas for the ponds, either X Rap or Floating or jointed, and het some plastics and spinnerbaits.
Old 07-17-06, 06:18 PM   #3
mack

get some yum craws for the smallies...and get some finnesse worms and senkos also...
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 09:10 PM   #4
FishySkater

Oh yeah i just got my new tackle box yesterday. Nothing big just a little one. But it works for now. I have like ten plastic worms four hooks four bullet weights not including the one i have on my pole. Three swivels and i just picked up a new spinnerbait when i bought my box. Boy i have a wondeful collection dont i. But i got sixty dollarsd from my mom today so next time i go to Wal Mart ill add some to my collection.
Old 07-21-06, 09:44 PM   #5
mack

why 30 lb braid? as long as the drag is set right, you can pull them in on 10 or 12 unless your fishing around cover that can fray your line...
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 09:45 PM   #6
FishySkater

Yeah dont ask Im dumb Im picking up new line this weekend. Im thinking about 14 pound Fluroucarbon.
Old 07-23-06, 08:58 AM   #7
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

personally on a spinning outfit i would use a 12 lb. test at hte most because the smaller the line diamater the farther you can cast so my choice for spinning reels is 8 - 12 lb. test in Trilene XL.

Ryan
Old 07-24-06, 02:03 PM   #8
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Dang

You got a tackle box? Man you are a lucky dude.. I used a paper bag for the first six years of fishing. Then they came out with these new fangled plastic bags and it changed everything. I could now hang my tackle bag on my handle bars and ride down the road just holding my two fishing rods.. True story..

The point is you can buy every thing out there and the bait monkey loves that and still not catch fish. Technique and presentation of a cigarette butt will catch fish.

You cant beat a grub or tube for that style of fishing..have fun...

Capt Mike
Old 07-24-06, 02:31 PM   #9
Snake2715

From my understanding of fluorocarbon it has a memory on it, a pretty good memory so keep that in mind. I use it for leaders on my rigs and thats it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.