Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-07, 09:54 PM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 300 buck box

I have some high end baits in a small plano box.. BOLDLY PRINTED ON TOP 300.00 BOX

It contains my favorite topwater baits..

Splash it II
Zippin Ziggy
Ricos (got four more this year for 7 bucks)
Muskie size jointed Jitter Bug
Bass O Reno
Devil Dog
Dog Walker X
Big Sammy
Zara 1940 all wood
Zara Clear with insert oil and glitter
Hedden dog walker BIG (Flaps still work)
1910 Big Mouth Prototype clacker
Lonely Angler pop an git

and it gets a little crowded in that little box. But there is much more..

So if I where to fish any water I bring this box and about four bags of soft bait.. Whole tackle box is a surf bag...

So I ask you guys out there??? The cold months are just about to end here. Learn to scale down and use what works..refine it ... adjust it .... but keep it simple... uncomplicated is GOOD..

Capt Mike
Old 02-24-07, 12:02 AM   #2
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I agree Capt.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 10:28 AM   #3
HOG Ranger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sorry, can't do that. I have 2 tackle boxes and 12 or 13 plano containers that I keep in the boat at all times. Everything is organized exactly how I want it and whatever I happen to want it is right there.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 10:57 AM   #4
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

no way jose......i want it all within my grasp......i never know what is going to get their attention at any given time.....yeppers.....i have to have it all!!!!!!.......
Old 02-26-07, 10:24 AM   #5
Captmikestarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOG Ranger View Post
Sorry, can't do that. I have 2 tackle boxes and 12 or 13 plano containers that I keep in the boat at all times. Everything is organized exactly how I want it and whatever I happen to want it is right there.
So basically with all that gear there would be no way for you too just hop on a boat as a HO without feeling inadiquit//

It has to be your boat/ giant tackle box or you just wont go..

Not picking on you here, just trying to open your mind a little.

You remember as kid you had a paper bag tackle box and two rods max? You could plan exotic getaways with 20 miles of your house and how the six lures you had total could be counted on for endless hours of fishing. Do you remember? Do you remember the smell of strawberry flavored worms or powerbait first thing in the morning? Life was simple and should always be in your minds eye.

We all depend on the next greastest inovation in fishing to take us to new levels. But who here still has a cane pole and bobber and some red wigglers???

Keep it simple that is all I ask... Slow down and look around. And stop changing baits every 12 casts.

Capt Mike
Old 02-26-07, 12:10 PM   #6
HOG Ranger

Who said I would feel inadequate without my gear? Why would you want to limit yourself Mike? I don't understand the need to leave things at home when they are handy in the boat. Having everything organized gives me the opportunity to enjoy the surroundings because I am not stumbling around looking for tackle, pliers, scissors or whatever.

If I go as a non-boater and I carry my main tackle box and a duffle bag with some of my plastic planos. I will usually bring 5 or 6 rods with me or less depending on the boat. I am careful not to infringe on the boaters space. That being said I fish out of my boat 90% of time so it only makes sense to utilize what I have.

I fish to get away from the hectics of everyday life and I can do that regardless if I am throwing 1 crankbait or have 15 rods with different lures attached.
Old 02-26-07, 06:11 PM   #7
Captmikestarrett

Your reply makes perfect sense.

Hog Ranger you are right on the money..

Have you had one of those bait changers on your boat?

I have and they are hard to get to relax, more or less catch a fish.. LOL

Capt Mike
Old 02-26-07, 07:32 PM   #8
Wishing2BFishing

Capt Mike, I hear what your saying and will not diminish the importance of the KISS principle but I gotta admit, I love having my stuff with me.

When I am wading, I gotta scale down because I have no choice. However, when I fish from my boat (which is not too often because I keep it on a private lake in another state), I enjoy the luxury of having my two tackle bags.

Ya know, when I was a kid, I had all the time in the world. If the fish weren't biting, I would likely be back again the next day. Now, with work, family, kids, my opportunities for fishing are few and far between. That said, I want every advantage to get fish in the boat.

Lastly, I enjoy "cracking the code". There is something to be said for finding the right presentation and tweeking the color and getting a great result. What a great feeling when I am pullin' them in and my friend isn't getting anyting with what he is throwing.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 08:37 PM   #9
HOG Ranger

To be honest Mike, I have fished since I was a young boy and have always admired the boats and tackle of the guys I seen fish. I did start out with a cane pole and graduated to a Zebco and was so proud it.

I do take your advice when I fish from shore and I ride the Harley to the lake. I have a Daiwa 5 pc. spinning rod and reel and one soft case that can be strapped to the seat. I have caught a lot of fish with that rod and reel and about 30 years ago I used it at the boundry waters in Minnesota.

On a side note, many of my crankbaits are 30 plus years old also. I still have one Rebel in crawdad color that I have been lucky enough to hang onto all these years. That thing has been hungup numerous times but I have always been fortunate enough to get her back.

Last edited by HOG Ranger; 02-26-07 at 08:43 PM.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.