Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-09, 07:42 PM   #1
rangerryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default the 13th is bad luck

ok i have a story for you all. this morning on my way to work i got pulled over by a Tonkawa, Ok cop for rolling through a stop sign. After taking my license and registration the cop walked back to his car. the wait for his return was about 15 minutes whe he got back to my window he asked me to step out. i thought it was for a sobriety test or somthing. he then told me i was under arrest, that he had a warrent for my arrest for failure to pay a ticket. the ticket was issued last June for not presenting a valid insurance verification when stopped for a traffic violation...... Ok here is the deal. the officer that stopped me in June told me to take my valid insurance to the police department the next day, so, i did. i thought it was taken care of..........but they said i never did...... so after being handcuffed, thrown in the backseat of a police car, and being humiliated in front of the college students driving by i was pretty upset knowing that i hadnt done anything wrong. i sat at the police station for two hours being booked when a friend of mine who is a cop walked by. i told him the story and asked him to call my dad and my wife so that i could get my check book brought to me to bail myself out. my dad sent my mom after my check book and when she got there she asked the secretary to pull the file. when she did they discovered the ticket stapled to my insurance verification form. so without an apology the voided the warrent and told me i was free to go....... WHAT A DAY.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 07:57 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

OH NO THEY DIDN'T!!!! hey man, you COULD make em send you an OFFICIAL letter saying they are sorry ya know. sorry it happened to ya. had a few stories similer to that one myself. small town local cops are SOMETIMES worse than the crooks. had a rookie cop in a small town pull and gun on me when i was 17, FOR HAVING THE TREADS COME OFF MY TIRES...AND HE SAW IT HAPPEN!!! said i should have had REAL ties on the car. man i was 17, broke, and in school. didn't have money to buy a date. ok....enough of the flash backs.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 08:01 PM   #3
keithdog

Thats the kind of story that just really ticks ya off! I hear stories like that frquently up here. Just recently, there was a story in the paper about a guy who had been cleared of charges after DNA results cleared him of any crime, yet still remained behind bars for a year because this ####### judge didn't apparently give a damn about signing his release papers.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 09:50 PM   #4
Wishing2BFishing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

"i thought it was taken care of"

Never assume that things are "taken care of". Instead, operate on the theory that everyone is incompetent. Get a copy of the voided ticket and keep it at home.

I am not in any way defending the cop, however, he is just reading the computer that shows the outstanding warrant. Somebody, didn't bother to update the computer. That somebody was incompetent.

I have worked on both sides (as a prosecutor and also as a defense attorney). Would you be surprised if I told you that these types of things are not uncommon. If a Judge agrees to put my client on a payment plan, I will often walk to the probation/parole office immediately after the hearing to review the paperwork. I don't want one of my clients to get picked up for "failing to pay" fines and costs.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 09:54 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Hey man, that sucks, hope you have a better day tomarrow

BB
Old 01-13-09, 10:27 PM   #6
bcklash

That sucks like a hoover on 14th street. maybe a hooker too.

Smile Ryan tomorrow will be better.
Old 01-13-09, 10:53 PM   #7
Wags

Send a message via AIM to Wags Send a message via Yahoo to Wags

hey bck...........sweet lookin' plate : ) lol
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 11:06 PM   #8
quenston

Hey man sorry to hear about your day hopefully tomorrow will be better for ya!!
quenston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-09, 12:31 PM   #9
doc

Don't get me started on small town cops.
My wife when we first started seeing each other, was dating a local cop. I won't go into the story, but it wasn't good and ended up with me having 3 charges, wich were all dropped. Witch left me with a bad impression of the Police.

Now my fishing partner works for the state police
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-09, 12:52 PM   #10
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

no frowny face....we won't get a ticket hauling azz to the lake !

and crap, i don't care much for the locals either. although it's like W2B said, this is a case of not the cops fault. i can for sure tell you he was only going by what dispatch told him...not his call to decide innocent or guilty.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-09, 02:13 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01

that really sucks. glad it worked out as well as it did though.
Old 01-14-09, 03:57 PM   #12
BassinBandit

That really does suck, I would have been more trouble because I would have flown off the hinge or something and got myself tazzered or something. yall would heard me scream "Dont taze me bro"
Old 01-14-09, 06:14 PM   #13
flbassman

That sucks man. I'm generally not a big fan of the cops, I've been hassled many times for being a teenager in a truck, so I feel your pain
Old 01-14-09, 08:20 PM   #14
rangerryan

i dont blame the cop but im tired of people who cant do their job. i did have a copy of the ticket that did not matter. some people are lazy. im not saying that i am the hardest working guy but i expect people to work as hard as i do. these people only have to give 100% for 7 hours. i work 10 and 12 hour days and give 100% all day. these people need to start working for their pay checks. My blood pressure is rising. ok im done.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 12:00 AM   #15
flfireman

Doc wrote-Don't get me started on small town cops.
My wife when we first started seeing each other, was dating a local cop. I won't go into the story, but it wasn't good and ended up with me having 3 charges, wich were all dropped. Witch left me with a bad impression of the Police.

Man do I know that. My wife dated one with little man's disease. 5 foot nuthin, italian w/ badge and gun. Looked like Eddie Munster in a cop outfit. Was a complete pain inmy azz for 1-2 years before I got married.
Old 01-17-09, 07:52 AM   #16
barkelypup

Ahh the way I see it Cops must sort of be pricks anyway. I can understand that. Thier lifes are in jeopardy about every day. Or at least the possiblilty is there. I can live with the prickiness of cops. There are so many nuts out there that cops must treat each one as if they are dangerous.

bP
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.