Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-06, 06:28 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default With Todays Fuel

With the poor quality of fuel that you purchase around the country I have been noticing that more peole are having carb and/or injector problems latley. Already I have saved several people major dollars by introducing them to Seafoam. This wonderful little mechanic in a can works not only on outboards it is designed for your vehicle as well. At the beginning of the season each year I strongly recommend that you give your outboard a strong dose of it and then change your plugs. Then every month or so give it a small dose. Will make your engine much happier and at the same time improve performance and save you money on the fuel bill. Every 3 months I strongly recommend that you give your vehicle a good strong dose as well. Todays chitty fuels have contamenants that will collect in the fuel systems and when the engine trys to burn them it leaves deposits on valves,injectors etc..etc.. Thought you might like this heads up. Will help you save money on fuel and repair expenses.
Old 05-01-06, 09:26 AM   #2
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Okay, I've done some research and found this link, looks like something I might wanna try.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpConsumer.htm

Thanks

betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-06, 04:35 PM   #3
bass kicker

the gas mixed with ethonal fuel is murder on your carberator
Old 05-01-06, 05:23 PM   #4
lovinfishin9

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

so youre saying put seafoam in you car, thats a new idea
Old 05-02-06, 06:19 AM   #5
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinfishin9
so youre saying put seafoam in you car, thats a new idea
No its not a new idea buddy. Thats one of the cool things bout seafoam. If its an engine USE IT.
Old 05-02-06, 09:24 PM   #6
lovinfishin9

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

thats cool, but i dont have a car or truck... yet, i just got my permit so in 9 months, ill have a truck
Old 05-02-06, 10:57 PM   #7
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Good advice and I concur 100%. I put a can in the truck, car and boat a couple times a year. The stuff works!
Old 05-03-06, 02:43 AM   #8
fishin_dude
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thanks for the advice, I noticed my outboard wasn't run to great after I put some fresh fuel in last weekend. How much Seafoam do you recommend per gallon of gas?
Old 05-03-06, 04:49 AM   #9
zooker

dude
it aint rocket science it don't have to be a pefect measurement. just remember to change the plugs AFTER you run this stuff...

zooker
Old 05-03-06, 05:23 AM   #10
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
dude
it aint rocket science it don't have to be a pefect measurement. just remember to change the plugs AFTER you run this stuff...

zooker
If you havent run seafoam in your motor you will definatley have to change out your plugs after running a good dose of seafoam. What it does is decarb (removes all carbon) from your motor. The plugs WILL get gumbed up. After you have changed the plugs with the first good dose you dont have to change them out if you use a much smaller dose. I did forget to mention this and good ole zook pointed it out.
Old 05-04-06, 08:33 PM   #11
Rebbasser

It will treat I believe 9 gallons up. I have a 33 gallon tank so I just dump a can in and run it. If you go "heavy"-use a higher concentration, say 1 can for 9 gallons definitely change your plugs after you burn all the gas. I did that when I first got the boat and then changed the plugs.
Old 05-05-06, 06:25 AM   #12
1FASTLASER

Using seafoam I have saved several people some serious moola. Instaed of a carb rebuild $9 for a can. Just did a XR6 for a fella Wednesday. In addition to seafoam I also gave him a good dose of Deep Creep. What that is seafoam in a spray can. He took it out and run the tank with the seafoam in it and then changed out his plugs. Called me yesterday and told me that his motor hasnt idled or responded like that in along time. He had been told he needed a carb rebuild. Cost of rebuilding those where gonna be 150. Now he spent $9 for the seafoam and 32 at western sizzler. Damn that steak was good.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.