Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-06, 07:15 PM   #1
shwagy357
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Trolling Motor Selection

I am getting ready to purchase a 16' Lowe Roughneck jon boat with a 20" transom height. I am planning on putting a bow mounted trolling motor on the front. Right now I am trying to decide between the minn kota edge 40 and a motor guide trolling motor both are about the same price. Right now I am leaning towards the minn kota because I have read some bad things about the gator flex mount on the motor guide. I would appreciate it if you guys could give some advice or any first hand experience you may have with any of these motors before I make this investment. Oh yea how long of a shaft should I get? or does it matter that much. Thanks!
shwagy357 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.