Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-06, 07:29 AM   #26
Christopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The reason I use an 18 inch to two foot leader is so I can keep it out of my guides but still cast. My other reason for leader is visibility, I know it works as it does on the easiest to spook redfish (Mosquito Lagoon #1 place in the world). And third so I don't have to use up a lot of braid retieing, its expensive.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 12:44 PM   #27
esquired
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to esquired

I use maybe a two - three foot floro leader for many of the same reasons stated above - sink rate and invisibility. I do not use anything much longer because the knot "catches" a little as it goes through the guides when casting. Additionally, if you are using a 6' floro leader you are winding it on the reel, and floro has memory.

I use ten pound power pro braid with a 20 lb floro leader. Any break off occurs where the floro is knotted to the braid (the braid will cut through the floro when snagged). I have never broken the leader anywhere but at the knot. (If you want to make the connection stronger use a swivel). How do you cast with a seven foot leader?
Old 12-22-06, 11:57 PM   #28
FlyRod

Wink

Well, I can honestly aver that we've beaten this topic to death. This all goes to show that everyone has his/her/it's favorite approach, even if it doesn't address the original question.
I believe it's time we put this one out of it's misery, but with the following conclusion...FlyRod is always right.

Thank yew. Thank yew vurrah much.

FlyElvisRod
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-06, 12:11 AM   #29
Christopherkeene9

I use the same set-up as esquired stated above, 10lb braid and 20lb. mono with @ 2ft.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.