Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-08, 12:36 AM   #1
iowabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Need a little help on my weekend fishing trip

So I am going to fish a small farm pond this weekend and don't know what to use... I'll get some pictures tomorrow of the pond but it is about the size of a football field and from the looks of it most of it is covered in pads and moss... in other words "slop". Most people shy from the pond because of the inability to easily fish it. What i am wondering about is there is about 1/3 of it that is open... so to speak. I know that there is some vegetation on the bottom. To reach this section easily , most likely will need my canoe to get to it. What is the best way to fish this part? And for the slop I am thinking ribbit frogs... they have served me well in the past, but anything else that you can recommend would be great. I know that there are some good size bass in there. Like I said, I will try to get some pictures of it tomorrow as well as depth and type of veggies there. Thanks
iowabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-08, 12:49 AM   #2
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You could also throw a fluke or a weightless worm in the pads, those have been producing well in areas like that for me also try t-rigging a senko
Old 08-01-08, 12:52 AM   #3
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

General rule of thumb fish the the side the wind is with. but besides that if you wish to fish the open side fish the sides of the pads / slop as you call it. If it was me I would fish in the think of it. It may be frustrating at times but that is where the fish well be. Drag a soft plastic across the pads and let it drop in the holes or you can go frogin. Really theres so many ways to come at the situation you explain its up in the air. But like I said wind. Fish the wind blown side. And most importantly the wind blown corner fish any type of structure you see.
Old 08-01-08, 12:53 AM   #4
Bmuskin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

What you describe is pretty much all I fish. I have limited time and am the original low budget fisherman. I have been wacky rigging senko's and working them back slow and letting them set and twitch. Yellow no flake senko lite 5 inch has been the shining star so far. Floating worms have been working some also.
Bmuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-08, 02:44 AM   #5
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well, if anyone has read any of my other posts, they know I am going to say snakes and frogs across the slop. If you want to stay out of the garbage, then I would go for a wieghtless worm. I know that a lot of people are fans of the senkos, but for me, I love the 4-6 inch roboworms.
Old 08-01-08, 08:18 AM   #6
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Sounds a lot like a new place I fished. Check out my post, the guys gave some great ideas.

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=16329

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.