Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-09, 07:17 PM   #1
syd
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Lowrance 520 help

I have a Lowrance 520 on my boat. Question. Lately when i am stopped fishing it is giving an audible alarm. I go up and it is showing position lost or position acquired. This is really irritating as sometimes it is doing this every couple of minutes. Why is this happening and how do i get it to stop.
Thought Saturday was going to be a good day. Turned out to be a real bust. Didn't catch anything and threw everything. Fished on Smith Mountain Lake. Any suggestions on what i should be using. I tried crank baits, plastic worms and spinner baits white. OF course every cove and stump had a boat on it. Don't think i have ever seen as much traffic this early.
Thanks for any help.
Going up and watch the pros this weekend at Smith Mountain.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 07:33 PM   #2
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Syd, where is your puck located? If you are near it some times you can interfere with the signal. The second thing I would think about is your power cables, you could have a damaged/loose one.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 07:39 PM   #3
syd

Located on back of the boat. I will check the connections and cables. But i just wonder if it is just something i can just change a setting on. I thought it was GPS alarms but that didn't work.
Old 04-22-09, 01:34 AM   #4
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Make sure in the GPS setup screen that WAAS is not required. Also check your power connections like Andy said. The GPS antenna has a separate power source than the head unit.
Another tip is if you fish very weedy lakes and the sonar always loses bottom there is an update of Lowrance's page for the 520 that fixes this issue. It's the 2.4.2 Beta software from here: http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/...20C/Downloads/ There is a "Shallow Water" mode that corrects this.

Mine is now doing that too, except it also says GPS Module Not Responding. They have excellent customer support if you talk to Linda Colt, but I'm sick of using it all the time. Ordered a Humminbird today.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 08:28 AM   #5
syd

thank you both.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.