Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-13, 10:08 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Hello Everyone

I just wanted to take a few minutes to check in here and see how things are going. I havn't been around much lately. I've been without my computer again for about 10 days now. No sooner did I get it repaired and a new hard drive installed, my darn mother board went out. So back to using my sons laptop on brief occations. Mainly though, I've been sick as a dog here and not been to work since last friday. Not sure what it is, but I had a bad case of bronchitis last year and it seems like the same nasty stuff. I can't sleep because of all the caughing and as soon as I lay down, it gets much much worse. And I simply cannot sleep sitting up. I want to force myself to go back to work tomorrow but my foreman already to me on the phone tonight that if I show up sick, they will send me right back home. That won't help the paycheck! So I don't know about tomorrow. Hard to hide a bad caugh. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi to everyone and explain why I havn't been here lately, and why only very briefly when I am. I hope to spend more time back in here with y'all soon. Happy castin to you lucky ones, and a fast ice thaw to all the others.
Old 03-12-13, 10:18 PM   #2
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Keith that's a DRAG followed by a BIGGER DRAG!

I really I hate to hear your struggles!
My prayers and wishful thoughts are going your way.

Take CARE my friend!
Old 03-12-13, 10:44 PM   #3
keithdog

Thanks Joe. I'll be fine soon enough. Just getting out of bed to walk to the bathroom and back to bed leaves me breathing like I just climbed 6 flights of stairs. There are four of us living under this roof and we all have it. My youngest one startred with it 10 days ago and still fighting it off, then my wife and I last Friday, and now the oldest boy. What is probably the most disapointing thing is that my oldest boys birthday was yesterday and my wifes birthday is tomorrow. Kinda hard to celebrate when everyone feels like crud. haha But oh well, we are making do with that too.
Old 03-12-13, 10:47 PM   #4
nobass

hope you get to feeling better . that will teach you not to fish in snow.
Old 03-12-13, 10:49 PM   #5
bassinbob

Get better asap buddy. I used to get that crap when I was a kid. My mother used to take me to a chiropractor to stop the coughing. It worked.
Old 03-12-13, 10:59 PM   #6
Jrob78

That sucks Keith, hope you guys get to feeling better soon.
Old 03-12-13, 11:23 PM   #7
MississippiBoy

Man, now I'm depressed....
Sorry to hear that, Keith. Hopefully you can shake it off soon and get back to normal.
Old 03-13-13, 09:52 AM   #8
bamabassman

dadburnit keith my friend. i was beginning to worry...now i AM worried buddy. so very sorry keith. a house full of sickness is NOT good. please get better soon pal. we miss oyu on here.

lisa and i had that crud at the same time too. took lisa longer to get over it of course. but it took ME almost 3 weeks. lisa is jsut now feeling better. warm weather seems to help i think.

take oyur meds and GO TO BED buddy. we'll be here when oyu get well.
Old 03-13-13, 06:06 PM   #9
bcklash

Get well soon Dog
Old 03-13-13, 08:45 PM   #10
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sure hope you and your family are able to shake this crud soon. I have heard of so many people that have had it for extended periods of time. My brother and his wife are on their second round of it. Prayers for a quick recovery!
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-13, 08:49 PM   #11
Bassboss

Raining bassfishin.com hide and seek champ for the month of March!! lol

Good to see ya got you 'puter back up and running. Hope ya get over the bug quick!
Old 03-13-13, 09:29 PM   #12
bassboogieman

Keith, I had that bronchitis crap just before Thanksgiving and it kicked my butt for 2 weeks before I went to the Dr. and got an antibiotic that took another 2 weeks to clear it up. Like you, I could not lie down and the cough was so bad I got little sleep. An entire month with it, then after two weeks it came back. I called my Dr. for another course of antibiotics and knocked it out in about 10 days. It was an absolutely terrible holiday season, didn't really kick it for good until mid-January. Hope you are better soon, it's a bad respiratiory bug that has been making the rounds.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 11:04 PM   #13
keithdog

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I've turned the tide and am feeling better and back to work. And I should have my computrer back tomorrow. Still borrowing my sons laptop for now, when I can. lol Still have the caugh, but it is improving enough that I can sleep most of the night now. My wife however is still pretty sick. Unfortunately, they are so short handed right now in the lab at the hospital, she can't take off work. I know she is looking to this weekend off!
I know EXACTLY what your saying Bruce. I had the same thing last fall with the brochitis. It took two rounds of antibiotics and several weeks to get rid of it, with a caugh that persisted for many weeks. Luckily, I didn't get it quite so bad this time. Maybe I still had enough antibodies in my system to nip it in the bud.
Old 03-15-13, 06:10 PM   #14
keithdog

Woohooo. Got my computer back! Sorry guys, your just gonna have to put up with me untill the next comp breakdown. hahaha
Old 03-15-13, 09:10 PM   #15
Dave63
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I had that crap about a month ago and still cough a little bit. It's some form of respiratory flu. It's a PITA!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.