Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-07, 05:06 PM   #1
Jersey Joe
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Just sayin' hi

It's been awhile guys. In fact, I had to reregister. Just no respect for us old guys anymore. Happy to see most of the old troop is still hangin' in. So Lizards moved to Fla. & Jackl is still kickin' butt. Zooker still reluctant to say what he really feels. Reb, you're still the man. Tom, Spruce Run & Manasquan still rule. I know someone will be ticked because I didn't shout em out. Sorry!

Lots of changes in my life, so I don't have much time to surf the web anymore. Besides, now that I taught you guys everything you know, there's not much left for me to say, is there?

Really, I hope everyone is well & I'll check in from time to time.

Tight lines & God Bless.
Jersey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 05:10 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lookee what the kat done yaked up...

welcome back jj...

zooker
Old 03-25-07, 06:29 PM   #3
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well hello... I wasn't around in your time, but I'm glad to see you here. And yes, manasquan does rule
Old 03-25-07, 09:10 PM   #4
Rebbasser

Well, howdy, JJ! Where you been hiding? Glad to see you stopped by, and come back more often!
Old 03-26-07, 08:24 AM   #5
Jersey Joe
BassFishin.Com Member

OK, real quick. I started a new company, had a valve job done on my ticker, coaching Rec. League softball & basketball, and maybe once in a while, I get to wet a line. I think maybe this Spring I'll have my double hernias fixed. That's more info than you guys really needed to know, huh?

Aside to Crankybait: If you haven't already done so, get your butt over to Farrington right off Rte 130 in N. Brunswick.
Old 03-26-07, 01:59 PM   #6
flbassman

My ginzo buddy is back! Whats happenin Joe? Good to see ya back!
Old 03-26-07, 03:39 PM   #7
crankybait

Farrington... Never heard of it, But its worth a trip. N.Brunswick is a 20 minute drive. Where are you?
Old 03-26-07, 04:05 PM   #8
Jersey Joe
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm in Woodbridge.

Now listen up 'cause i'm only gonna do this once.

From Marlboro take Rte 9 North to Rte 18 North to Rte 1 South. Go a few miles & take the exit ramp for Rte 130 South. Go about 2 miles & look for the "Sir John's" sign on the right. Take a left at that light, pass the Sir John's Restaurant & go over the bridge. You can launch your boat on the other side of the bridge. It's not a launching ramp so be careful. Electric motors only. If that area is full, continue to the next intersection & turn right. Follow the lake to the next intersection, (about a mile). Small parking area on your right.
Lots of good largemouth & some decent pike. Go for it!
Old 03-26-07, 06:08 PM   #9
Rebbasser

Cranky, I'd take that advice. JJ knows his stuff.
Old 03-26-07, 07:25 PM   #10
crankybait

So I will. I will be there sometime over Spring break Thanks for the tip. HOwever I will be shore fishing, as I do not have a boat.
Old 03-26-07, 08:07 PM   #11
Jersey Joe
BassFishin.Com Member

Geez! You guys are sucking me in again!

OK Cranky, here's the scoop on Farrington shore fishing.
Same directions as above, only park on the right side of the bridge, then walk across the road. Follow the path which is really a long point into the lake. Make your casts straight out from the end of the point or to the left toward the bridge. Lots of stumps out there, but you can't see em from the shore.

#2 Same directions only take the first left after the bridge, ( I think it's Riva Rd.) Take that until you see the entrance to a park on the left. From the parking lot, walk toward the lake following the trail on your right. It will take you to a cove and a wall which almost spans the cove. Walk out onto the wall and do your thing. The water is fairly deep on the lake side of the wall or you can work the cove shoreline. After all this, you better catch something.

BTW Thanks for the kind words, Reb, but if I recall correctly, you're the master. Well, maybe Jackl too.
Old 03-26-07, 08:55 PM   #12
zooker

yeah jackl definatly knows his stuff.. even if it was and e-mail with a burnett in it..

zooker
Old 03-26-07, 09:26 PM   #13
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Joe View Post
It's been awhile guys. In fact, I had to reregister. Just no respect for us old guys anymore. Happy to see most of the old troop is still hangin' in. So Lizards moved to Fla. & Jackl is still kickin' butt. Zooker still reluctant to say what he really feels. Reb, you're still the man. Tom, Spruce Run & Manasquan still rule. I know someone will be ticked because I didn't shout em out. Sorry!

Lots of changes in my life, so I don't have much time to surf the web anymore. Besides, now that I taught you guys everything you know, there's not much left for me to say, is there?

Really, I hope everyone is well & I'll check in from time to time.

Tight lines & God Bless.
It sure is good to see ya back here. Sorry about the med issues, but we all get older LOL. Yeah I've moved to the Bass Capitol of the WORLD!!!! Hope you get out fishing more, and hope you come back around more often, really good to hear from you. Go get Bassintom and go fishing.

Lizards
Old 03-27-07, 07:23 AM   #14
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Joey!Good to see you back..PM me your e-mail so i don't lose touch with you again.you better get out to fish with me this spring.i have a feeling with this mild winter spruce run will be heating up early.i'll show you how to yank the big ones out of the willow bushes.glad to see you're doing good.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.