Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-11, 10:58 AM   #1
Ground Pounder
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Back from Hibernation! (and a little braggin')

Hey folks, it's been a long, cold winter! Finally dug my gear back out last weekend and lookin' forward to some fine late season fishing this summer! Still no boat this year (me and the little lady are gonna' finally tie the knot in August, so my paycheck has found a way to disappear for the next few months), but the streams and ponds seem pretty lively for some shore-bassin' in my neck of the woods this summer.

For you SE Michigan folks - I went to Camp Dearborn with the kids and the Co-Op last weekend, and the largemouth were still bedded down in the campground ponds. For folks who are familiar with the grounds, the northwest channel of the paddleboat pond (map) was filled with 3-4 lb females and 1-2 lb males, literally sitting a foot or less out from the shoreline-sidewalk in about 1-2 feet of water. Standing at the northern turn and casting down the shoreline, working spinnerbaits and swimjigs was money - pulled in about 10 keeper-sized fish in just under 3 hours just after dawn last Sunday. Just please remember to catch and release, as these ponds are stocked for the enjoyment of the residents.

Heading down to the big river tonight to try my hand at some kitties, which means I should have plenty of time to rip some buzzers over the laydowns. I'll check back in tomorrow with some results... until then, Tight Lines brothers and sisters!
Ground Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 01:08 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like good fishing GP! Hope ya get a few cats.
Old 06-11-11, 03:30 PM   #3
bamabassman

well welcome bac form the snowdrift ground pounder. tie the knock? IS SHE CRAZY?!?! HAHA!! kiss the boat goodbye man, after she sees what goes on here.......she'll NEVER let oyu have a rig to and fish any. LOL!!! for real, welcome back.
Old 06-11-11, 05:03 PM   #4
keithdog

Hey GP, welcome back and congrats on the great outting. Sounds like you had a great time. Good luck with all that gettin married stuff. Thats a crazy time in anyones life for sure.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.