Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-09, 09:21 PM   #1
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Cash for clunkers

Will our dear prez start making commercials like this? hehehehe.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfWScRkqqRo
Old 07-31-09, 10:05 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahaha, yea i do like those ads stick.
Old 07-31-09, 11:00 PM   #3
1/4 stick

hehehe... I think about walking onto a car lot with a sledge hammer and telling the salesman, "Time to unpimp ze auto" everytime I see one. lol
Old 08-01-09, 04:48 PM   #4
nofearengineer

Say vat?

That guy was Lucifer in Constantine...he's great!
Old 08-01-09, 06:24 PM   #5
Jim80

those ads made my afternoon man thanks for the laugh .

Jim
Old 08-01-09, 07:53 PM   #6
JB

all the guys on my facebook are tearing obama apart for this cash for clunkers, I've heard where to bill passed yesterday to put more funding in the popular program....a new car payment, I don't need!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 08:00 PM   #7
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv157ZIInUk
UnPimp your ride I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCIF6...eature=channel
UnPimp your ride II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0Wf...eature=channel
UnPimp ze auto III

i love those videos.

JB! haha PM me a link to your facebook
Old 08-01-09, 08:10 PM   #8
WTL

Cash for clunkers is just what we need to fix the economy and enviroment.

Think:

The government takes working engines from older paid-for vehicles and pays $4,500 to have superglue poured into them to seize them up. This represents a massive loss of value in the American economy.

The older engines are then shipped off, perhaps to another country, to be melted down to aluminum, which is then invariably turned into new engines that make 2 mpg more than the old one - great, except the carbon imprint left by the factory producing the new engines negates the improvement in gas mileage for many years.

Meanwhile, the average American consumer who traded in his old car has a new one that does the exact same thing as the old one (it gets him there), except this new car has added around $10,000 to his already high debt.

And the taxpayer pays higher taxes or the government borrows more to give to the dealers who destroyed the working engines.

------------------------

So, given all of the above, who wants government healthcare? Lol.
Old 08-01-09, 08:43 PM   #9
nofearengineer

Cash for Clunkers is the epitome of classic leftist theory.

Destroying working engines is kind of like breaking windows so the glass maker has work to do. Destroying wealth is never good for the economy. Cash for Clunkers is a militant socialst's wet dream because now we have effectively let the "proletariat" destroy his own property, and made the "rich" pay for it. Once again, we let those with no skin in the game direct the flow of wealth in the country.

What this bill is is a way to sell GM cars, and to force Ford, who didn't take a government bailout (more like a hostile takeover) to make cars like GM does. Why bailout Ford if you can make them knuckle under to the greenie fanatics anyway?

As to the "carbon footprint", that concept is delusional anyway, but at the very least hypocritical for the leftists, whose stated mission is to decrease our carbon output. The cost of shipping the bulk iron and steel to China for reprocessing, as well as the production costs for the new engines is far more than can re recouped in the 7 year average lifespan of an automobile. Don't be fooled though...we'll all soon be driving around 30 year old cars like the Soviets used to before the reign of Capitalism "enslaved" them.

This program is designed to give the burgeoning Chinese economy another source of cheap iron and steel, which it so desperately craves. Don't think this wasn't part of recent negotiations between Obama and China over our increasing indebtedness to them. Soon we will be selling them our farms and businesses....well, more than we already are. Wake up, America.

As a somewhat unrelated point...do a little research on satellite temperature measurement. Our so-called "global temperature" that is supposedly increasing is measured by satellites that detect surface temperatures all over the globe. However, the infra-red wavelengths they measure to gauge temperature are oddly enough...not the ones "absorbed" by carbon dioxide. Want to know why? Because those wavelengths are already all absorbed by the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. That is to say, if the amount of CO2 were to double, or even increase tenfold, it wouldn't increase the amount of absoprtion. Increasing carbon dioxide levels might have some effect on the atmosphere, but it certainly isn't responsible for increasing temperature. It's like looking through two doors into a lit room. When you close one door, no light escapes through the door. Does closing the second door make it any darker? No. It's just overkill that has zero effect. Wake up, America...you're being lied to, in a ttempt to institute the fantasies of radical leftists.
Old 08-08-09, 04:28 PM   #10
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post

Destroying working engines is kind of like breaking windows so the glass maker has work to do. Destroying wealth is never good for the economy. Cash for Clunkers is a militant socialst's wet dream because now we have effectively let the "proletariat" destroy his own property, and made the "rich" pay for it. Once again, we let those with no skin in the game direct the flow of wealth in the country.

What this bill is is a way to sell GM cars, and to force Ford, who didn't take a government bailout (more like a hostile takeover) to make cars like GM does. Why bailout Ford if you can make them knuckle under to the greenie fanatics anyway?

As to the "carbon footprint", that concept is delusional anyway, but at the very least hypocritical for the leftists, whose stated mission is to decrease our carbon output. The cost of shipping the bulk iron and steel to China for reprocessing, as well as the production costs for the new engines is far more than can re recouped in the 7 year average lifespan of an automobile. Don't be fooled though...we'll all soon be driving around 30 year old cars like the Soviets used to before the reign of Capitalism "enslaved" them.

This program is designed to give the burgeoning Chinese economy another source of cheap iron and steel, which it so desperately craves. Don't think this wasn't part of recent negotiations between Obama and China over our increasing indebtedness to them. Soon we will be selling them our farms and businesses....well, more than we already are. Wake up, America.

As a somewhat unrelated point...do a little research on satellite temperature measurement. Our so-called "global temperature" that is supposedly increasing is measured by satellites that detect surface temperatures all over the globe. However, the infra-red wavelengths they measure to gauge temperature are oddly enough...not the ones "absorbed" by carbon dioxide. Want to know why? Because those wavelengths are already all absorbed by the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. That is to say, if the amount of CO2 were to double, or even increase tenfold, it wouldn't increase the amount of absoprtion. Increasing carbon dioxide levels might have some effect on the atmosphere, but it certainly isn't responsible for increasing temperature. It's like looking through two doors into a lit room. When you close one door, no light escapes through the door. Does closing the second door make it any darker? No. It's just overkill that has zero effect. Wake up, America...you're being lied to, in a ttempt to institute the fantasies of radical leftists.
I left, and said I'll never come back. Then I came back, only to see this!
nofearengineer has no idea what he is talking about, but he is the hero on this site!
A far right that is most likely disrupting the town hall meetings, and telling lies spread from FOX NEWS, and their people full of hate. BUT he IS BLACK!
Go to "your tube" and look up "sicko", or look up 9/11. Bush did 9/11 to invade Iraq, and spend over one trillion dollars on a war for no reason other then to show daddy how to do it! And to fulfill Cheney's dream of the Cheney team B!
Hitler was a good talker, so is "nofearengineer"! Will he, and his kind mean the end or America as we know it, it may BE!
I could care less what you all think of me, but I'll fight for "MY" Country!

I'm not a good talker, so I'm dumb?
Old 08-08-09, 09:04 PM   #11
1/4 stick

Let us not forget how this is going to affect the used car market and lower income familys who can't afford a $20,000 dollar or more new car, and the collage students or young people just starting out who haven't had the chance to climb the latter of success. The used car prices are going to jump, the lower income people won't be able to afford them, thus they will be limited as to how far they can go to work. Baisicly it's just one of the liberal dreams that looks good, sounds good, but ends up screwing more people than it helps. "Power to the people!" but kick that poor, no money having dude back down the latter. That my friends is part of the liberal dreamscape they like to cover up with their lovely bs.
Old 08-08-09, 09:15 PM   #12
JB

around these rural parts of Ohio there will always be a market for cheaper cars that trade from one person to the next, because most can't afford a big new car payment and probably never even had a newer car. The ol' almost runs good car of yesteryear for 300 is now at least 800 or more, but theres a lot of cars out there from that amount on up to 3 grand that probably wont ever be turned into the cash for cluckers program. I have a buddy on facebook that sells cars right down the block from me and complains the red tape and slowness of the program is a major headache full of flaws.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-09, 09:20 PM   #13
Cavs1123

Quote:

As to the "carbon footprint", that concept is delusional anyway, but at the very least l for hypocritial car the leftists, whose stated mission is to decrease our carbon output. The cost of shipping the bulk iron and steel to China for reprocessing, as well as the production costs for the new engines is far more than can re recouped in the 7 year average lifespan of an automobile. Don't be fooled though...we'll all soon be driving around 30 year old cars like the Soviets used to before the reign of Capitalism "enslaved" them.

You guys sure do use some confusing words!
Old 08-08-09, 09:25 PM   #14
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassFishingWNY View Post
I left, and said I'll never come back. Then I came back, only to see this!
nofearengineer has no idea what he is talking about, but he is the hero on this site!
A far right that is most likely disrupting the town hall meetings, and telling lies spread from FOX NEWS, and their people full of hate. BUT he IS BLACK!
Go to "your tube" and look up "sicko", or look up 9/11. Bush did 9/11 to invade Iraq, and spend over one trillion dollars on a war for no reason other then to show daddy how to do it! And to fulfill Cheney's dream of the Cheney team B!
Hitler was a good talker, so is "nofearengineer"! Will he, and his kind mean the end or America as we know it, it may BE!
I could care less what you all think of me, but I'll fight for "MY" Country!

I'm not a good talker, so I'm dumb?
Troll, go away. Again.
Old 08-08-09, 09:27 PM   #15
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
around these rural parts of Ohio there will always be a market for cheaper cars that trade from one person to the next, because most can't afford a big new car payment and probably never even had a newer car. The ol' almost runs good car of yesteryear for 300 is now at least 800 or more, but theres a lot of cars out there from that amount on up to 3 grand that probably wont ever be turned into the cash for cluckers program. I have a buddy on facebook that sells cars right down the block from me and complains the red tape and slowness of the program is a major headache full of flaws.
I know a fella that works on one of the lots around here, a few are going out the back door before the superglue and sold to people who will auction them. Loopholes my friend, there's always a loophole.
Old 08-08-09, 10:41 PM   #16
nofearengineer

SWEET! Zooker may be a Premiere Elite, but I alone have achieved the much vaunted title of Site Hero!!

Muwahahahahah.....

Your hero (just had to say it again),

Nofear.
Old 08-08-09, 11:15 PM   #17
CMorg

Quote:
SWEET! Zooker may be a Premiere Elite, but I alone have achieved the much vaunted title of Site Hero!!

Muwahahahahah.....

Nofear.
Well done. I envy you for your hero ways.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-09, 11:21 PM   #18
1/4 stick

Quote:

Muwahahahahah.....

Nofear.
(sigh) My Hero! (Double sigh)

Maybe JB will put your head on this where it belongs.....

hehehehe....

Last edited by 1/4 stick; 08-08-09 at 11:28 PM.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-09, 11:32 PM   #19
1/4 stick

Ok, one more for our hero and I'm done being a smart allic,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKqwdxUH8U

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.